New Ceremony Highlight at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 10th, 2008, 09:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New Ceremony Highlight

We have uploaded a new Ceremony Highlight to our site. Check it out and let us know what you think. The last few months have been a trying time for us. We had two hard drives fail within a week of each other and luckily after Data Recovery we are now back on track. I have certainly learned my lesson and now have all the vows backed up on cds. We use the iRivers and because they are MP3 files the audio isn't on the tapes so when the hard drives crashed we lost the vows. This couples DVD is just about finished and they were super understanding about the situation. Nothing was lost but it has put us behind schedule. Now time to play catch up...

http://www.zandlproductions.com/

also, at the end of the video is our new logo. we are about to get an actual site set up and would like thoughts on the logo verse's the old one. thanks again.
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 04:14 AM   #2
Major Player

Hey Zach,

Nice work. I liked this clip, some really nice shots and emotion throughout the clip.

My only minor criticism would be maybe a bit too much slow-motion and cross dissolves. Some straight cuts could work quite well to add some variety.

I really liked the black and white as well.

Glad to hear you were able to recover all your data!

One question ... how do you get the flash player controls to fade away when you press play?

Cheers,

Matthew.
Matthew Ebenezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Matthew - Thank you for the comments. I am slowly (no pun intended) trying to get away from the over use of slow motion and dissolves. Its a hard habit to break and for this peice I just couldn't pull myself away from it, but I totally agree. As for the flash player, I am not a web designer at all so I use this free player from http://www.jeroenwijering.com/ his stuff is super easy to use and works great with mypsace/facebook as well. Lots of clients like posting their videos into those pages.
Old May 12th, 2008, 11:48 AM   #4
Major Player

Zack;
Your work is outstanding. I think everything was perfect. BTW.. What was the song playing for "Tim&Kati's" wedding? Keep up the good work.

Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:36 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Harry - Thank you very much! The song is "Knees to the earth" by Watermark. It was played in the actual ceremony along with many other songs that the couple picked out. The music they picked had to of been the best I've heard to date. Very modern, but yet respectful at the same time.
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #6
Major Player

Hi Zack
One last question on the song "Knees to the earth" by Watermark. Who was the artist. It sounded like a male voice. I couldn't find it anywhere on UTube.
Again this was on "Tim&Kati's" trailer on your web site.
http://www.zandlproductions.com/

Thanks
Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:01 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Stewart View Post
Matthew - Thank you for the comments. I am slowly (no pun intended) trying to get away from the over use of slow motion and dissolves. Its a hard habit to break and for this peice I just couldn't pull myself away from it, but I totally agree. As for the flash player, I am not a web designer at all so I use this free player from http://www.jeroenwijering.com/ his stuff is super easy to use and works great with mypsace/facebook as well. Lots of clients like posting their videos into those pages.
Hey Zach,

Thanks for the link to the free flash player. I'm using that one already but I think this is a newer version than what I'm using. Plus, I hadn't come across some of tweaks that can be done to it. I'll have to give them a go.

I mainly noticed the slowmotion/cross dissolve usage because I'm in the process of weaning myself off them as well :)

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Matthew.
Matthew Ebenezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:25 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Harry

"Again this was on "Tim&Kati's" trailer on your web site."

This song is by Casting Crowns "And now my Lifesong sings" on the album "LifeSong" it is a reprise of the title track of the album.

Hope this helps!
Jason Boyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:45 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Jason - Thanks for the heads up. You are correct it is "LifeSong" by Casting Crowns. I was thinking of a different video on their DVD for some reason.

Harry - sorry for the confusion and wasting your time on that one. I tend to have the best luck on itunes and amazon when i'm looking for songs. And, if i don't know who its by i google some of the lyrics to help along the way.

Matthew - I do not know if i enabled any setting within his player to get it to fade out. I use his wizard on the website to help get the settings I need before I copy the code into dreamweaver (once again i'm definitely not a website guru sorry)
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques