DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Here's a FUN video to watch! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/122308-heres-fun-video-watch.html)

Raphael Jamil Pranga May 24th, 2008 11:35 AM

Here's a FUN video to watch!

Hoping you guys will enjoy watching as much as we enjoyed shooting this one!

and yep, we brought the house down! Hahaha!

here's the clip which we showed just hours ago during the reception. ^_^

http://www.mayadstudios.com/downloads/benjie_jee.wmv

Travis Cossel May 24th, 2008 11:50 AM

I'm going to cry if you confirm that the video was an SDE ....

Outstanding freaking video. Just amazing. I seriously have nothing to suggest that you do differently. That's a 10 out of 10!

I love the colored B&G shoes. Was that section with the bike shot the day of the wedding?? Oh, and the stop-motion with the rings and the drawing of the bike - brilliant. You guys are amazing and I sincerely hope you're getting paid what you're worth!

Terry Esslinger May 24th, 2008 12:51 PM

Great video.
Boy they sure let you be mobile at the ceremony!!

Richard Wakefield May 24th, 2008 02:44 PM

that was ram-packed with fun, and tight editing...very pleasing to watch

my only minor criticism is the sudden loss of pace when the music fades out, i can see why it was done but it perhaps shouldn't have been done with a song like that?

p.s. i wish i could glidecam as much as that during ceremonies!

Danny O'Neill May 24th, 2008 03:30 PM

We have a wedding comming up and have been told that during the ceremony we have to be discreet. Which means they have found a corner for us to sit in, cover up with camo and peep though a hole no doubt. So unlikely they will let us glide :(

Still, were going along to their rehersal so can find out then whats allowed. Cant say ive ever really seen a UK wedding vid with any ammount of glideing during the ceremony.

John Stakes May 24th, 2008 04:49 PM

love the color Raphael. And great editing is always what makes someone shine!

Thanks for sharing.

oh yeah...what were you shooting with?

Carl Wilky May 24th, 2008 05:59 PM

Holy talent coming out of the Philippines i tell ya.

Very nicely done guys, very nice.

I think you say "maganda"?

Jason Magbanua May 24th, 2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raphael Jamil Pranga (Post 882587)
Hoping you guys will enjoy watching as much as we enjoyed shooting this one!

and yep, we brought the house down! Hahaha!

here's the clip which we showed just hours ago during the reception. ^_^

http://www.mayadstudios.com/downloads/benjie_jee.wmv

Fun indeed! Very Nice!

Matthew Ebenezer May 24th, 2008 07:24 PM

Man! That's awesome!

I love the details that you include like the shoes, the ring time-lapse etc ... and the bicycle footage was super fun.

Only thing I didn't like was the transitions sometimes - i.e. the 'extra' footage flying in - but who am I to tell you guys what to do! :)

It's so amazing that this is an SDE ... can you share a bit about your SDE workflow?

Really loved it - and I always look forward to your new videos.

Cheers!

Matthew.

Travis Cossel May 25th, 2008 12:38 PM

I've been trying to figure out what that song/artist is. Care to help a guy out?

Raphael Jamil Pranga May 25th, 2008 06:32 PM

Hi Guys! Thank you so much for watching and glad you guys also had fun! Hahaha!

Here are the answers to your questions:

*Yep, that was an SDE

*We added the vows in to add a personal touch and that's the reason of the loss of pace but was all worth it since that was the part where the audience really reacted during the presentation.

*5 priests officiated the mass, two of which where related to the family and the other 3 where close friends. So I asked the family if they are strict during the ceremony and they replied not at all... Hehehe! I guess that's the reason i took the chance to glide a lot during the ceremony. :D

*We use sony FX1s

*SDE workflow? We shoot in SD as of now and we use two Mac Book Pros, one dedicated for capturing, and one dedicated for editing. Alvin started editing during the preps, and never left the computer until the video was done except for some parts during the preps. You guys try fill in the blanks ^_^ :p

*The song is sang by a Filipino band called Hale and the title is This is a happy song. Hahaha!

Patrick Moreau May 25th, 2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raphael Jamil Pranga (Post 883095)
*SDE workflow? We shoot in SD as of now and we use two Mac Book Pros, one dedicated for capturing, and one dedicated for editing. Alvin started editing during the preps, and never left the computer until the video was done except for some parts during the preps. You guys try fill in the blanks ^_^ :p

It is amazing how far the SDE has involved. With this level or quality and done with such a crew, it almost seems like it steps out of the realm of an SDE and just becomes a highlights clip similar to what you might deliver after the wedding. With multiple shooters, two machines, and one editor from the preps on- I think that is probably more time than a lot of us spend on a highlights clip- which is a great workflow you guys have put together to really give you the option to take it even further. It sure is tough trying to compete with 2 guys and 2 hours to edit :)

Noa Put May 26th, 2008 02:22 AM

Raphael, I read on your blog that you usually are with 5 people to do weddings, does this mean each wedding? How many camera's were used for this one?
The editor also has a big impact on the end result here as he's doing an awesome job considering it's an sde.

I also saw the "Xavier University" video on your site and that was really cool considering all the effort that had been done.

If you do weddings, do you have some kind of script before you start or is it all improvisation?

Travis Cossel May 26th, 2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau (Post 883194)
It sure is tough trying to compete with 2 guys and 2 hours to edit :)

No doubt. I still don't offer SDE's because in my area the ceremony generally leads directly into the reception, with no kind of break at all. I haven't given up yet, though. I'm still trying to find a way to provide these but if I do it I want the quality to be like what you guys are posting on here, not something just thrown together.

Noa Put May 27th, 2008 01:26 AM

In my country time would also be problem and some weddings would not allow this at all if you work alone. In order to pull something off as stunning as raphael did it would take at least 3 people with one person full time on a laptop to edit.

@ Patrick and Raphael, you do a lot of these sde's, no? Are there clients who only book you for this to so they get to see the highlights at the reception which lasts only a few minutes or is an sde usually a part of a whole day coverage an do you deliver a separate dvd of, let's say' 30-40minutes that covers their day but a bit more in a documentary style?.