Wedding trailler workflow at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 24th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wedding trailler workflow

Hello everyone.
I would like to offer to my clients the wedding trailler and I would like to know the best way to do that:

Do you go thru the tapes capturing some crucial takes? Or you already capture all the tapes and then do a simple edition selecting the best takes?

What's your wedding trailler workflow?

Thanks
Fellipe de Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Capture them all straight off. You need to play it back to find the best bits anyway so why not just capture as you do. If you have the time note the file names and time codes of the shots you like as its capturing. However I tend to capture while watching telly.

Then find the best bits, however you like either with the previous method or watching after. Heck you may have even made notes on the day of the shots you liked. Lay it down, tart it up and host.
Danny O'Neill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 04:45 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellipe de Paula View Post
I would like to offer to my clients the wedding trailler
For trailers I put on my website I always load all tapes on my pc first and then do a rough cut of all usable footage. When I have gone through all my footage I already know were the best shots are. I could set the great shots aside during that first edit but since I have all the footage on the timeline it's easy to scroll through it and pick out what I need. In premiere cs3 it's just a matter of making a new sequence and copy/pasting the footage I need.

Selecting the footage is quite fast done, it's finding the right music that takes longer and also combining the footage with the music is most timeconsuming, it doesn't only have to look right but also feel right.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques