Which NLE do you use...? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 10th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #31
Trustee

We use a mixture of Vegas 8 and Adobe CS3 (After Effects, OnLocation, Audition, Encore, Photoshop).

I've been trying to wean myself off Vegas and move more into a complete Adobe workflow, but Vegas is too darn user-friendly. Perhaps the problem is I started with Sonic Foundry Video Vegas 3.0 as my first NLE, so I've got their workflow too engrained in my head.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Final Cut Pro here.
Alan Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 02:38 PM   #33
Regular Crew

I'm glad to see that no one here is arguing that "their NLE" is the "best". What I am getting out of this is that if a certain program does what you need then why not use it, even if it isn't the industry standard (if there is such a thing).
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 05:11 AM   #34
Trustee

Hi I am not a pro here so I am using Ulead VideoStudio 11.5 plus (don't laugh here..) but my clients never complained so far. The message that I want to deliver gets through with simple editing, the right music and overall simplicity is my main goal.

Stelios
Old June 12th, 2008, 06:37 AM   #35
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelios Christofides View Post
Hi I am not a pro here so I am using Ulead VideoStudio 11.5 plus (don't laugh here..)
Stelios, it don't matter at all what you use, as long as it delivers for you it's OK. I started with Magix video deluxe, went to premiere/encore 1.5 and now I use Premiere cs3 and encore cs3.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #36
Regular Crew

My first NLE was a Video Toaster Flyer by Newtek 14 years ago. The change to PC was inevitable and I opted for a DvRexRT system by Canopus. Then I started using Edius since its first inception to this day.

It does everything I need extremely fast, in real time and without crashes.

Cheers

Alex
Alex Pineyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #37
Trustee

I use Edius here, I have FCP and CS-3 which I have tried to change to many times but for speed and the type of editing I do I just cant seem to shake off Edius. Maybe in CS4:)
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Final Cut Pro 6
Bill Anciaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2008, 11:46 PM   #39
Trustee

Vegas 8 + AE CS3. Wanted to try the FCPS way last year but I couldnt get much chances to try FCP over here.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 02:41 AM   #40
Inner Circle

Adobe Premiere Pro on top of Matrox RT-X/100 - The Matrox is buggy and prone to crashing and I need to upgrade anyway to edit HD so looking for alternatives.
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:42 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Avid Xpress Pro HD...
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #42
Major Player

another vote for FCP & DVDSP
Chad Whelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #43
Major Player

Vegas 8 Pro. I started on Vegas movie studio 7 Platinum, then on to Movie Studio 8 Plantinum, then to 8 Pro. If you aren't using more than 4 video channels and 4 audio channels and aren't syncing multiple cameras, give Vegas Movie Studio Platinum a try. It's less than $100 and extremely powerful. It also is extremely similar to Vegas Pro. Its a low-risk, low-cost way to edit and see if you like the Vegas system.
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #44
Inner Circle

V8Pro + DVDA5 now pretty happy with it, although it has it's quirks and crashes. Burned discs are good and compatible with ever player I throw them at, including now HD on standard DVDs in a BR player!

in the past...
Used Magix, liked it a lot, good multitrack capability, but at the time I used it, the burned disc compatibility was not so good...

Used Ulead Video studio - came with a firewire card for free, was worth quite a lot more... got a good start for me with a "real" NLE!

Movie studio (yeah the included Microsoft thing) - nice toy... took one look, didn't bother.

Sony Vegas studio... switched to this and finally got good compatibility of the burned DVD's, eventually went "pro"

In short, NLE agnostic, only thing I care about is how well the final product turns out and if the DVD plays (and all the menus work properly!!!) in whatever player I toss it into...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #45
Trustee

CS3. I've been using Adobe since Premier 1. I've also used FAST (one of the first hardware NLEs for the PC) and Media 100.

I really liked the Media 100, but I'm a PC guy now.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques