What's your turn-around time for weddings? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Personally I hate being on the client's timeline because their project is taking up space on my hard drives and I don't like having projects drag out over the months or years. I require that the client has everything I need to edit their project to me before the wedding, that way I can get started on it right away and finish it without any delays.
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:07 PM   #17
Inner Circle

HDDs are cheap these days. I uses those removable drive rack and SATA HDD docking. SO I can offline some of the videos.

I offered client honeymoon slideshow. That has to be done after the wedding for obvious reason. If they don't hire my photographer, I will still need to wait for them to get me photos for the DVD cover. If they made their own slideshow to be played in the reception, I will also ask them for a copy. All these things can't be gathered before their wedding.
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Very true. For anything that I can't get before the wedding I still have a deadline for after the wedding to make sure the couple gets it done. I know HDD aren't as expensive as they used to be, but if it saves me time AND money to have a couple get their stuff to me faster, then I'm going to do it.

It's probably just a personal preference. Nothing wrong with the way you're doing things. I just don't like that method.
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #19
Major Player

My contract states a max of 60 days. I can however edit a full 12hours, 2 camera shoot in 48hours if I'm really inspired! It comes down to my busy life style I cant just edit all the time.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques