one cam and wireless lavs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 12th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #1
Regular Crew

one cam and wireless lavs

Ok, probably a dumb question BUT......Ok the groom and the podium are miced, where do u put the receivers with the little antennas? Do you wear them in your pocket or tape them to the cam or what? Thanks......Shaun
Shaun Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Shaun.............

Provided the receivers came fully equipped, they should have both a:

1. Spring loaded clip for clipping onto a belt/ pocket flap/ camera handstrap etc

&

2. An adapter plate which fits under said clip and has a fitting on the back to fit into a camera hot/ cold shoe.

If I need to use two at once, one goes on the hot shoe (lives there permanently, actually) and the other goes on the handstrap - makes using the camera handheld a bit iffy but as I never do, it's no problem for me.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Chis,
I went through 16 pages of BandH wireless lav systems and all but a handfull of Sonys have the half rack space size receivers. Do the 1/2 rack space ones come with a belt/pocket clip?
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Disregard last post

I found them
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Hi.........

If you look at, say, the Sennheiser EW100 G2 system (it's the only one I'm familiar with) the basic system comes with two dinky transmitters and an equally dinky clip on receiver.

From what I know, the "half/ whole rack" receivers are designed for static situations - theatres, stage, concerts etc and not for "run n'gun" videography. They also almost always require mains power to operate, a bit of an ask in wedding circumstances.

If you dive into the "Audio" forum way up the page (opening screen) you'll find these wireless systems discussed in agonising detail. Alternatively, scroll down to the bottom of any DVinfo screen, type in "wireless mics" in the box and Google the whole of DVinfo - you'll get buried alive in the response.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques