Comfortable Shoes? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 18th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Mephisto shoes.

I had heard that video super-stud Steve Fowler recommended these, so I asked 'what model,' and this was his response:

------------
They will be best pair of shoes you will ever own… and don’t toss them with the soles ware out. You can send them back and get them redone for about $80.00 bucks. I have two pair… Spencer and Gaetan. I just had my Spencers done. They’re four years old and they look great! I got them at Nordstrom and at the Walking Company. Although the Gaetan is a little more stylish I prefer the comfort of the Spencer. I would recommend that you go try them on before you buy them…
-------------

They cost about $400.

jones
Chris P. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #32
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Brumfield View Post
Hey folks,

I've got to find some more comfortable shoes for these long weddings. The bottoms of my feet feel like they've been beaten by a baseball bat.

I'm looking for suggestions on what are the best brand of shoes to wear in our line of work. Thanks for any help.

Kevin
I used to wear all black tennis style shoes, but decided that they didn't go with my tux. I switched to formal black shoes for a while, but they weren't comfortable enough. My wife went to the local Rack Room and found me a pair of black Borelli loafers. They're leather (looking) and shiny enough to look good with a tux. I wore out one pair (it took a year's worth of weddings) and went back last month for another pair! Besides being extra comfortable, I like the shoe's soles. They have a rubber feel, and a good tread design. (I found that I slipped quite a bit with the formal shoes.) My feet used to hurt most of the day following a wedding, but after losing 45 pounds AND switching to these shoes, I'm on my feet 12 hours at a time with no complaints!

Mark
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:25 PM   #33
Major Player

I swear by these http://tinyurl.com/6gr6rq from Big5. I got them about 5 years ago for about $25 & they've held up remarkably well. Very cushy & comfortable.
Bill Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:29 PM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P. Jones View Post
Mephisto shoes....They cost about $400.
Anyone who spends $400 on shoes either has too much $$$ and couldn't give two hoots or is out of their mind :)
Bill Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 04:23 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Many, many thanks to all who contributed suggestions. To the ladies shooting in heels, you have my utmost respect.

Looks like I've got a lot of shoes to try on.

Thanks again,

Kevin
Kevin Brumfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques