DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Wedding Highlights for your comment (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/124340-wedding-highlights-your-comment.html)

Danny O'Neill June 23rd, 2008 06:59 AM

Wedding Highlights for your comment

http://vimeo.com/1212704

Already had some comments on the bride getting out of the car bit. Unfortunatly couldnt get any closer and she wanted to see her arriving in the car. I suppose I could remove it for the highlights and leave it in the final vid.

Weve only done a few weddings so far, not the 1000's im sure of of you have done, were also quite cheap and deffinatly no Patrick M.

glidecam work is a bit shakey, getting better with practice and it was a windy day and the togs assistant was dead set on not moving out of my way <grrrrr!>.

The song is taken from one of our fellow DVinfo members, cant remember who but it just fitted so perfectly.

Anyway, enough of me trying to justify the bad bits. Enjoy and let me know your views.

John De Rienzo June 23rd, 2008 08:37 AM

Hi Danny,

I've only ever seen one other clip from you, and this seems light years away from that!

Much better, OK some issues with the flycam, but thats the price you pay when using it all ,most of the time, ie the brides arrival! not being able to zoom, frame, close enough.

Some nice shots in their, but I still think you can do better. The voice over in parts did not work for me, and when you steered the glidecam to the front of congregation one guest was looking, smirking almost, leave that on the cutting room floor!

Cheers.

Danny O'Neill June 23rd, 2008 09:16 AM

Thanks John. It is better no doubt. Gone are the long shots waithing for something to happen. I learnt a lot from this place, especially Patrick. Make every shot have a purpose, a sly smile or loving kiss.

All the competition around here are similar to our old stuff, long boring shots with no purpose. Im hoping our new stuff can really open peoples eyes to the more contemporary stuff. I often cant understand it when browsing the wedding forums. Brides getting all excited over somone who charges 5 times what we do and their samples are ALL in black and white and ALL in slow mo. I thought it was a bloke thing but the wife agrees. Still room for improvement though.

Where abouts is the smirk? When looking at the mother or as im walking alongside the aisle? Plan to do a little re-edit tonight and remove the bride arriving and replace with something else. Maybe also move the grooms audio closer to hers as its a little out on its own at the moment.

John De Rienzo June 23rd, 2008 11:59 AM

Hi Danny,

At 2.20 sec approx the chap on the far left looks slightly uncomfortable with your presence and pulls back abit. I would personally leave this out.

If you are going to re-edit, I don't see anything seriously wrong with the bride arriving, so not sure why you would leave it out.

If anything liven up the first 30 sec, as the shots are too similar without enough variety.

Also if you have not done so already, I think removing that clip you had a while back on your website and adding this would be beneficial!

Just my thoughts.

John De Rienzo

Danny O'Neill June 23rd, 2008 02:03 PM

Never noticed him pull away, saw him look at the camera. Clip edited and rendering. I suppose he thought pulling away like that gets you out of shot, just like ducking down slightly does too :)

Website is all updated already, all old clips are in the bin but if your seeing anything from the old one you may need to click the refresh. Some files have the same name and my browsers cache went funny the first time.

Oscar Nam June 26th, 2008 02:14 PM

white flash transistion

that was good stuff
can you tell me what transition you are using to flash to white?
can't seem to get that effect right where the image doesn't all fade to white at once.

Danny O'Neill June 26th, 2008 02:28 PM

I use Vegas. It was a cross fade set to whatever length suits and then applied a 'soft flash' transition. For the bride getting out the car i just applied a sony glow with various keyframes. Other effects used (some you may not even notice) are bumpmaps, secondary colour corrector and one i forget the name of.