PD170 Audio drop outs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 18th, 2008, 02:39 AM   #1
Regular Crew

PD170 Audio drop outs

I really need some help here!! I just started having drop outs in my audio recorded on my PD170. First thing I did was change mic and cables hoping that it was just a mic issue. That didn't solve it. Then I decided to try another tape. Luckily it worked!! I thought I was home free with nothing more than a bad tape....... Well it just did it again with another tape?? So I tried a different tape... same thing?? I just received some Sony Premiums(only tape used in cam) for really cheap. So Im thinking I maybe got a bad box?? I tried a tape out of a different box and it recorded and played back perfect.... OK it must be the 1 box of tapes, right? So I try another tape from that same box and it drops audio??? This is really killing me!! Maybe they are a bad lot of tapes??(I bought 5 boxes of 5) Now I have to go through them and see what ones work and what ones dont before any shoot. Now here is the kicker. The same tapes that dropped audio in the PD170 did not on my FX1?? Cam prob or tape prob?? I did do a few 5 sec runs with a sony head cleaning cassette. It didn't change anything. Please help!!
David McCann
David McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2008, 05:01 AM   #2
Major Player

David, you should post this in the correct forums for a better & quicker response.
Blake Cavett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2008, 03:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Sorry Blake. I actually posted it in the PD170 section too. I just wanted as much feedback as possible. Thanks.
David McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #4
Major Player

No problem! If I still had my 170 I'd try to offer a solution!
Blake Cavett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques