DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Steve & Nataly Moscow wedding overview (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/126418-steve-nataly-moscow-wedding-overview.html)

Serge Satkar July 22nd, 2008 06:01 AM

Steve & Nataly Moscow wedding overview

Steve & Nataly wedding overview

The overview was meant to show emotions and overal free atmosphere on Steve & Nataly wedding.. Couldn't help using music track from one of beautiful lovestories published here, it expresses the couple almost exactly.

Thanks for your comments and opinions!

Kelsey Emuss July 22nd, 2008 07:53 AM

Looks like a fun day!

Travis Cossel July 22nd, 2008 02:40 PM

Well done. Loved it. Especially liked the drawing of the hearts on the window. You did a good job of showing the connection between this couple.

Buba Kastorski July 22nd, 2008 10:19 PM

beautiful colors, loved it.
what's the camera?

Bill Busby July 23rd, 2008 05:51 AM

Nice stuff! It's always a treat to never see a dull moment in an edit.

I will admit though... I've been scratching my head trying to figure out how you did that 360 shot. At first I thought there was an edit, but now I'm not so sure. I suppose a 3rd hand would help :D Nicely executed!

Serge Satkar July 23rd, 2008 09:44 AM

Thank you guys!

Buba, it was Sony VX-2100 (yet)

:) Bill, if you mean the shot on foot-bridge -- it's quite simple.. When I'm passing nearby couple move camera up keeping frame then she'll turnover on some point to keep framing.. It happen quite naturally :)

Generally I make several takes of flying camera to choose best on editing. Sometimes it would be boring for the couple, but not this case :)

Bill Busby July 23rd, 2008 11:52 AM

I figured it out now. It's not a 360 at all, but it gives kind of an illusion that it is. You start low angle approaching the couple while tilting clockwise, then as you pass them you tilt up & then turn to your left while tilting down in a counter-clockwise motion. Very cleaver or at least it seems :D

Funny how some things we do at times appears it's on purpose when it was purely by accident. It's how we learn :)

*edit* to clarify, I was referring to the shot at approx. 1:36

Bill Busby July 23rd, 2008 11:56 AM

Oh by the way... nice hiding of the person who raised her veil & let it fall for that reverse shot. I assume the photographer set that up & you just took advantage of it?

Serge Satkar July 23rd, 2008 12:11 PM

Funny how some things we do at times appears it's on purpose when it was purely by accident
Yes, you absolutely right! I was too involved in action to realize actual algorithm :)
Wedding shooting is some kind of sport where you dive into action and play the game :)

photographer set that up
No that was a photographer herself :D
I assisted her several times too :)