Wedding Ceremony Highlights at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 23rd, 2008, 03:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Wedding Ceremony Highlights

I used the steadicam Pilot for the first time during this wedding. The ceremony was held on Hickam Air Force Base in Honolulu, Hawaii. Still tweaking the steadicam...

www.studioredinc.com/kiriakos
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:02 AM   #2
Trustee

beautiful.
perfect sound/video edit, very very nice page setup, thanks for sharing!
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Campos View Post
I used the steadicam Pilot for the first time during this wedding. The ceremony was held on Hickam Air Force Base in Honolulu, Hawaii. Still tweaking the steadicam...

www.studioredinc.com/kiriakos
I have to say, I have not seen a groom's reaction so perfectly captured as you did in that shot. Absolutely amazing timing. I really liked the almost dream like color pallet and the slow flying absolutely made it feel like the viewer was floating around on the edges of the ceremony observing. Some of the flying became a little tilted in parts, but no one but us videographers would notice or care. The use of all slow motion did not detract at all, though some may sat it isn't their style, I think the pace of the music dictated that style of presentation.

Perfect pacing, and length. Fantastic job!
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:34 PM   #4
Tourist

Did you have experience with any other glidecams before using this one or was this your first attempt? I thought it looked great!
Ryan Mackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

incredible! very fluid color and composition throughout! A++
Brendan Donohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:59 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Beautiful color and great shot selection. I did find some of the slow-mo to be a bit too slow (either that or the shot held for too long), but this is very minor and nit-picky. Great work (love me some Gladiator).
Old July 26th, 2008, 06:24 AM   #7
Regular Crew

The color of the piece made it look so whimsical, its defiantly modern with a rustic style. What type of music were you using?
Old July 26th, 2008, 06:42 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Nice job Joel. Very mythical like. CC reminds me of Lord of the Rings movies. Well done.
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:24 PM   #9
Regular Crew

i would have to agree with Travis on this one. Some of the shots seemed to be just a tad too slow and/or too long. but very well put together.

What piece of music was this if you don't mind me asking.
Carl Wilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 03:39 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Thanks for the comments gang! The music is from the gladiator soundtrack. I've heard it used a billion times and refused to use it...well...until this wedding.

Because of the time of day and the warm colors of the sunset i was inspired to do a color treatment and go for that big epic look and feel. Also, being it was my first time with the steadicam i was really surprised how well some of the shots turned out. The "slow-mo" epic, grand style to me was really dictated by the music. Put the shots to any other music track and I would call the slow mo overdone myself.

Ryan, to answer your question on the steadicam...this was my first time strapping one on. I've seen and studied footage by many of the people in these forums and decided it was time i get one. I felt the best one out there for my budget was the steadicam pilot. It has truly added a new dimension to our production and creative style. There is definitely a learning curve to prepping it and using it but the time spent figuring it all out well worth it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques