Wedding Video DVD Length - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 10th, 2003, 06:29 PM   #16
New Boot

Ahhh some people who understand

wat a releif to find some knowledge ..iv been grapplin with this
for about a week and half...!@#!!
...Im just getting into..burning for dvd....and wat iv found is
That I can throw svcd onto the dvd screen...and it burns a pretty crap..playback.......DVD archtech will burn 720x480 is NTSC DVD/ ...but when I play it back in my Plextor 504a writer..( i think that writes r+...could this be my prob
that when I play my burn back in power dv it comes up with
a disc with unsupported format in drive D:.....emmm food for thought ..Anybody got any ideas...
Alan Burney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2003, 02:37 AM   #17
Quantum Productions

Hello...

I do all my DVDs at the highest quality setting possible. I use TMPGEnc for my "video only" MPEG rendering. I want my footage to look and sound as good as the original tapes!!!!

Most of my weddings are on 1 to 3 discs.
I do all the montages first (pre-ceremony, ceremony, photo shoot and reception) usually each done to a 2 min. song part. All 4 songs are blended into 1 complete non-stop montage of highlights. Then ALL footage (with edits, etc...) is after.

If the wedding footage only adds up to 1 disc the thats all they get. If it's 3 discs? Oh well...more work, they get 3!
Old August 11th, 2003, 08:01 AM   #18
New Boot

Hey thanks for that ...Iv just downed a trial of TMPGEnc...wat I need to know is ...do I need to process my sound seperatly from the vid to get it into dvd......or can I export the whole edit from prem....and then take it to procoder or TMPGEnc...and then to Architech dvd authoring....Iv tryed all this ...and still when I go to playback in power dv ..it tells me unsupported format in drive D:
Alan Burney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2003, 11:58 AM   #19
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Scott Osborne : Wow I didn't know anyone released such short videos. I am doing Two disc sets that contain 2 to 2.5 hours of video. I find with a Catholic cerimony which can last up to an hour and a half, its just not practical to release a short video.-->>>

A one and a half hour ceremony? Good lord...

I've yet to film a ceremony that lasted longer than 25 minutes.
Torajima Watanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2003, 01:26 PM   #20
Quantum Productions

Alan, check you email, I sent you a template that I made for high quality video for DVD!

Some of my wedding ceremonies are well over 1 hour of continuious footage! (ready to fall asleep!)

I use M.S.P. 7.0 for my editing. I output my final edited pieces into master AVIs. Then I create just a audio MPEG2 file from them. Then I use TMPGE with the same AVI masters and create only a high quality file. After that I use TMPGE "merge" selection and put the audio & video together to create a final file for my authoring program (Uleads DVD workshop).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques