DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Krazy with a Capital K (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/127862-krazy-capital-k.html)

Patrick Moreau August 11th, 2008 06:41 PM

Krazy with a Capital K

This guy has been shooting for roughly a year, he has shot probably less than 20 weddings, but he is totally knockin' out some wild stuff. We hadn't planned on having another executive cinematographer join us but how can you turn down that crazy polish accent and those smooth moves of his.

Konrad has been shooting with us starting early in the year and just joined us full time last month. Very recently though, I think he stepped up his game and edited a highlights clip that he shot with Tony and myself and also shot a wedding in Japan with Tony.

I wanted to share both of those clips here so you can see what we have been up to. If you only knew how hot and humid it was in the part of Japan they were in, the long hours that they had shoot, and the amount of steadicam he fit in there to get what he wanted, it would totally make sense why we call him Krazy Konrad.

Many of you have already seen one of these two clips and left us comments on the blog. A big thanks to all of you who have taken the time to do that.

The Japan Trailer:
http://stillmotionblog.com/?p=520

The Highlights Clip
http://stillmotionblog.com/?p=523

-Patrick

Luis Rolo August 11th, 2008 06:53 PM

Krazy Konrad has some Krazy sKills.
Very Kool.

Monday Isa August 11th, 2008 07:00 PM

Very nice job on the Japan trailer! Krazy Konrad and Tony did one heck of a job. The scenery was very nice and just seeing a different style wedding makes it breath taking, not sure why. The last shot was very nice to. perfect timing to get it. Congrats to you and the team in pushing your creative aspects and always settling for nothing less then your best every job. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

Monday

Jason Magbanua August 11th, 2008 07:05 PM

WOW!

That was just plain AWESOME!

Kelsey Emuss August 12th, 2008 06:52 AM

WOW! Those are seriously awesome!

I only have ONE problem after seeing the Jess and Ryan clip..........
I just shot a wedding in the same church 2 wks ago. The Priest gave me a SERIOUSLY hard time at the rehearsal, telling me "not to make a nuisance of myself", and "stay as still and inconspicious as possible", and "be discreet" blah, blah, blah....

He then told me that he recently had to stop a ceremony TWICE to tell the videographers/photographers that they were being disruptive (hmmmm....) and he wasn't afraid to do it again!!

So..........................was it you?!

Do I have you guys to blame for my minimally obtrusive footage?!? lol! ;-)

Seriously awesome stuff though, and looks like you found a great fit with Krazy Konrad!

Matthew Ebenezer August 12th, 2008 06:52 AM

Excellent! Truly excellent.

Noel Lising August 12th, 2008 08:22 AM

Great work. You continue to inspire us all.

Danny O'Neill August 12th, 2008 09:50 AM

Matthew, what was that song in your shadowplay demo, the first one. Seriously loved that demo.

Sorry to hikack the thread :)

Shaun Conner August 12th, 2008 02:22 PM

That was great. I loved it. And he's only been shooting for a year. Kudos to you guys. I always enjoy your work.

John Stakes August 12th, 2008 02:42 PM

Great clips guys. Thanks for reminding me I have to step my game up! Great opening and closing on the first clip. And the color is breathtaking!

few questions, if you get a chance:

1) were you using a letus adapter?
2) name of the song?
3) can you offer some sources on color correction?
4) did you shoot in HD then downconvert on capture?
5) what NLE?

Thanks for sharing!!! and congrats on building a great team!

-JS

Patrick Moreau August 12th, 2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Stakes (Post 919753)
Great clips guys. Thanks for reminding me I have to step my game up! Great opening and closing on the first clip. And the color is breathtaking!

few questions, if you get a chance:

1) were you using a letus adapter?
2) name of the song?
3) can you offer some sources on color correction?
4) did you shoot in HD then downconvert on capture?
5) what NLE?

Thanks for sharing!!! and congrats on building a great team!

-JS

Hi John,

We use Brevis adapters. I think we have 4-5 of them in total. We tried letus a couple times but it just wasn't the right fit for us.

The song is from the Last Samurai soundtrack.

Hmm- reframe would be a great one. StillMotion, Philip Bloom, and JMags will all be there next year and we will be talking about color. We will also be having an in studio 3 day workshop here at StillMotion sometime next year.

Shot in Hd and editing in HD.

All done in FCP.

P.

Buba Kastorski August 12th, 2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau (Post 919759)
We will also be having an in studio 3 day workshop here at StillMotion sometime next year.

P.

Great idea, count me in

Travis Cossel August 12th, 2008 04:53 PM

Both of these were just great. What really stands out in the work you guys do is how solid everything is. The shots are solid, the grading is solid, the editing is solid. You just do it all right. You guys definitely deserve the success you're having.

I'm selling off my SD stuff, and if everything goes well and I have the money to survive the winter, I sure hope I can attend one of the workshops.

Louis Maddalena August 12th, 2008 06:55 PM

Both Videos are amazing! I look up to your work and hope that one day I can do work as good as you.

Is it true you picked up Konrad by randomly asking a guy at a lemonade stand to shoot a wedding video and he said yes.. and you happened to get lucky.

Matthew Ebenezer August 12th, 2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau (Post 919759)
We will also be having an in studio 3 day workshop here at StillMotion sometime next year.

Any chance you could schedule that workshop for a couple of days after Reframe '09 so us Aussies can make it? ;)