Sony Hvr-hd1000u at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 19th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #1
Major Player

Sony Hvr-hd1000u

I was at a Park Shoot last Saturday and I saw one Videographer shooting with a HVRHD1000, he was kind enough to let me take a peek at the LCD Monitor, nice and clear. I asked how the camera performs indoor and he told me it works okay since he brings extra lights. Has anyone in this forum actually used it? Care to share some videos (samples for an indoor shoot)?

Thanks in advance.
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Worst thing iv ever bought.

Just buy an hv30...its cheaper and better quality.

I have the a1, hv20, hv30 & hd1000u.

The a1 & hv20/30 combine really well. The hd1000u is always off and needs a lot of time to color correct.
Andre Tira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 02:54 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Tira View Post
The hd1000u is always off and needs a lot of time to color correct.
Think that's normal as they are Canon's and a Sony camera. Think the hvr hd1000 has a great form factor but that is it's only best feature, it is actually a small handycam in a big suit.
On the other hand, it does have some advantages to other very small handycams, it does allow to control focus or iris, though not simultaneously and by far the best feature, it is a shouldercam.
Sony will allways have a different picture compared to a Canon but in dark situations a hv30 also produces crap images, so I am not that convinced if it is that more worse then a hv30
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 03:38 PM   #4
Inner Circle

The HD1000 is supposedly the HC7 in a big box... buy the HC7 or HC9, save some money, buy a light... and a shoulder mount. Not bad cameras if you use them right, but won't get you any points for "looks" because they are in a small form factor!

The HV20/30 and the HC7/9 are all going to be just so-so in low light, you can't pull in as much light with the small lens to match a larger cam, although these little cams work nice with a little help from an on-cam light.

As for CC, Sony and Canon start from different color curves and overall "looks", so matching may be a bit more of a problam when mixing brands or cameras, that's just how it goes.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:52 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the information. I guess I would just go with a 3-ccd HD Camera (Panasonic or Sony).
Noel Lising is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques