litepanel micro with steadycam merlin - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 27th, 2008, 03:39 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I知 a bit confused now. I知 thinking maybe I should leave the litepanel and go with a couple of spots on high stands. What do you think now Travis, saying that you use a litepanal?

I work on my own and would tend to shoot about an hour of dancing all around the floor on the Merlin. Stopping and moving again throughout the hour. Do you think a litepanel would be more in the guests face then spots for the full hour?
Niall Megahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 04:04 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall Megahey View Post
I知 a bit confused now. I知 thinking maybe I should leave the litepanel and go with a couple of spots on high stands. What do you think now Travis, saying that you use a litepanal?

I work on my own and would tend to shoot about an hour of dancing all around the floor on the Merlin. Stopping and moving again throughout the hour. Do you think a litepanel would be more in the guests face then spots for the full hour?
I don't think putting the Micro on a stand is going to work well for a group of dancers. Your light will be dispersed too much. Personally, I don't generally film the "fun" dancing with my steadicam unit, so once my A1 is off the Merlin the Micro goes on it.
Old August 28th, 2008, 07:44 AM   #18
Trustee

I agree with Travis on this.

The Litepanels Micro doesn't have a good throw to it and as a result your light source will fall apart quickly.
While I don't shoot with a Merlin, the Litepanels Micro, will not give you any light source what so ever, when mounted on a light stand.

You will need a more powerful light, like a Sony HVL-LBP LED light or the Bescor or Varalux type lights that I posted in my previous post.

You won't need a 100w or more source, but anywhere form 50w-75w should do nicely.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques