DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   very goofy wedding music video, go ahead and laugh (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/128796-very-goofy-wedding-music-video-go-ahead-laugh.html)

Michael Gebben August 26th, 2008 09:31 PM

very goofy wedding music video, go ahead and laugh

Ok this is coming out of the video vault for everyone to make fun of or maybe you won't I don't know. Anyways I did this a couple of years ago. The couple had no photographer, just me and we did this right after their ceremony. These kind of couples don't come along everyday. They were a blast and if I had the chance would definately do it again.
Gebbs Total Video-Wedding Samples
click on the bottom video that says "Music Video"

Emily Howlett August 26th, 2008 11:59 PM

Hi Michael, I know others might call it cheesy, but so what! I liked it!! Looks like they had a laugh filming it and I am sure they still have a laugh watching it!! I am often caught in the car pretending I am in a music clip, so I know there are people out there who would love to do this stuff! :P
Emily

Michael Gebben August 27th, 2008 08:23 AM

They did have a laugh filming it and they definately laughed watching it. The groom actually contacted me recently and said that was the most memorable thing on his wedding day.... Pretty Cool

Mick Haensler August 28th, 2008 08:45 AM

Well I for one loved it. It wasn't the greatest production in the world but you captured the spirit of the day. It made me smile which is rare for me watching any wedding video.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Thomas Quinn August 28th, 2008 05:07 PM

Brill, loved it all , the big lad (groom) especially as you say, not often do you get a good happy fun loving couple like this
Thomas

Jonathan Jones August 28th, 2008 10:15 PM

I've seen thousands of wedding videos, ranging from uncle charlie with a Best Buy blowout and 3 hours in front of Windows Movie Maker to aspiring blockbuster chasers with several hundred thousand dollar productions.

Settings, budgets, creativity and technique all play a very important roles to varying degrees. Capturing personalities and having fun bring more to the table and some folks realize.

Of all I've seen, yours is my favorite.

just sayin.

-Jon

Asvaldur Kristjansson August 29th, 2008 05:56 PM

Looks ok, and the samples on your site is cool. I saw the bridal industrial segment and it was cut according to the music peformed by Sigurros in a realy good way. Good job

Mick Haensler August 30th, 2008 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones (Post 926448)
Settings, budgets, creativity and technique all play a very important roles to varying degrees. Capturing personalities and having fun bring more to the table and some folks realize.

-Jon

Well said.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Michael Gebben September 3rd, 2008 10:31 PM

Jonathan,

I really really appreciate your kind comments. I agree with everything you said. When it boils down to it. The most important thing is making the couple happy and capturing the essence of them and their day!!!