DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Advice on posting wedding clips online (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/128991-advice-posting-wedding-clips-online.html)

Akbar Ukani August 29th, 2008 05:58 PM

Advice on posting wedding clips online

Hey Guys,

I am in the process of completely revamping my current website. I am just curious if anyone has any good sites where I can buy templates so I can post some wedding videos. Also, what do you guys recommend about the movie dimensions when posting videos online....keeping quality in mind. All my clips are in 16:9 format. Thanks for all your input.

Chris Davis August 29th, 2008 07:45 PM

I'm not a big fan of templates, but the largest and best selection is at www.templatemonster.com. Most of the templates are flash, but most of them come with the HTML version too.

Akbar Ukani August 29th, 2008 08:45 PM

could you please give me some other recommendations since you don't prefer templates. Thank you

Akbar Ukani August 29th, 2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Davis (Post 926830)
I'm not a big fan of templates, but the largest and best selection is at www.templatemonster.com. Most of the templates are flash, but most of them come with the HTML version too.

could you please give me some other recommendations since you don't prefer templates. Thank you

Danny O'Neill August 30th, 2008 01:21 AM

Videos online = Vimeo for me and a lot of others. The default size is fine although you can select the size when you come to embed.

Chris Davis August 30th, 2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akbar Ukani (Post 926852)

Our company also provides web development and graphic design services, so my preference is to have a custom site professionally created. However, I know that's out of the budget for many.

If you want to save money and do the work yourself, Template Monster is the source I'd recommend. It does require a bit of HTML and/or Flash knowledge to make the necessary customizations.

Noa Put August 31st, 2008 01:37 AM

What about wordpress? It may be a blog but has some really nice, and cheap, themes. Lately there are more themes available that function as a regular website but have the power of a blog behind it. And very important, it gives good results in google if you use the right plugins and take the time to add keywaords and descriptions. It is a very good tool to continuously displaying photo's and video. if you are on a budget, you want to have a quite pro looking site, wordpress is the way to go. You might want to look into the premium, paid, themes as they have better options and look better.