Advice on posting wedding clips online at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 29th, 2008, 05:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Advice on posting wedding clips online

Hey Guys,

I am in the process of completely revamping my current website. I am just curious if anyone has any good sites where I can buy templates so I can post some wedding videos. Also, what do you guys recommend about the movie dimensions when posting videos online....keeping quality in mind. All my clips are in 16:9 format. Thanks for all your input.
Akbar Ukani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 07:45 PM   #2
Trustee

I'm not a big fan of templates, but the largest and best selection is at www.templatemonster.com. Most of the templates are flash, but most of them come with the HTML version too.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #3
Regular Crew

could you please give me some other recommendations since you don't prefer templates. Thank you
Old August 29th, 2008, 08:46 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Davis View Post
I'm not a big fan of templates, but the largest and best selection is at www.templatemonster.com. Most of the templates are flash, but most of them come with the HTML version too.
could you please give me some other recommendations since you don't prefer templates. Thank you
Old August 30th, 2008, 01:21 AM   #5
Major Player

Videos online = Vimeo for me and a lot of others. The default size is fine although you can select the size when you come to embed.
Old August 30th, 2008, 08:33 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar Ukani View Post
Our company also provides web development and graphic design services, so my preference is to have a custom site professionally created. However, I know that's out of the budget for many.

If you want to save money and do the work yourself, Template Monster is the source I'd recommend. It does require a bit of HTML and/or Flash knowledge to make the necessary customizations.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 01:37 AM   #7
Inner Circle

What about wordpress? It may be a blog but has some really nice, and cheap, themes. Lately there are more themes available that function as a regular website but have the power of a blog behind it. And very important, it gives good results in google if you use the right plugins and take the time to add keywaords and descriptions. It is a very good tool to continuously displaying photo's and video. if you are on a budget, you want to have a quite pro looking site, wordpress is the way to go. You might want to look into the premium, paid, themes as they have better options and look better.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques