DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Question for all the Scottish videographers........ (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/129411-question-all-scottish-videographers.html)

Kelsey Emuss September 5th, 2008 01:15 PM

Question for all the Scottish videographers........

I have a wedding I'm working on and the Groom (and his Groomsmen) are all from Scotland. They wore kilts and the whole bit. I'm looking for a great song to use for the "Groom getting ready" video.

Something either fun and upbeat because they were a great group of FUNNY guys! Or something really poigniant because he has moved here to Canada and they were all very sentimental about their friendships as well.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks!

Colin McDonald September 5th, 2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey Emuss (Post 929785)
I have a wedding I'm working on and the Groom (and his Groomsmen) are all from Scotland. They wore kilts and the whole bit. I'm looking for a great song to use for the "Groom getting ready" video.

Something either fun and upbeat because they were a great group of FUNNY guys! Or something really poigniant because he has moved here to Canada and they were all very sentimental about their friendships as well.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks!

Well, If you MUST, there's "Donald, Where's your troosers"? (Andy Stewart) You can get it from iTunes. Burning to a CD and importing lets you use it.

Peter Ralph September 5th, 2008 03:43 PM

"Hoots Mon" - Lord Rockinghams Eleven
"500 miles" - the Proclaimers
"Lets get married" - the Proclaimers

Kelsey Emuss September 5th, 2008 06:03 PM

awesome! Thanks!

Colin McDonald September 6th, 2008 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Ralph;929851
"Hoots Mon" - Lord Rockinghams Eleven
"500 miles" - the Proclaimers
"Lets get married" - the Proclaimers

Jings! look - an "email from America"

Crivvens! Help ma boab etc.

Nick Flowers September 6th, 2008 04:32 AM

Kilt Music

"The answer is blowing in the wind".

"Willie no come back again?"

Kelsey Emuss September 6th, 2008 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Flowers (Post 930038)
"The answer is blowing in the wind".

"Willie no come back again?"

I want to listen to these but I can't find them on itunes. Who sings them?

Thanks again everyone! (Even the Yankee!)

Nick Flowers September 6th, 2008 07:03 AM

I must own up to being facetious, and suggesting Benny Hill style double entendre songs relating to kilts!

Joan Baez sang 'Blowing in the wind', and 'Will ye no come back again' is traditional. Apologies for any offence caused.

Kelsey Emuss September 6th, 2008 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Flowers (Post 930070)
I must own up to being facetious, and suggesting Benny Hill style double entendre songs relating to kilts!

Joan Baez sang 'Blowing in the wind', and 'Will ye no come back again' is traditional. Apologies for any offence caused.

Got it! ;-)

Don't worry. I think that's funny!