Printing DVD's - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 10th, 2008, 01:28 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny O'Neill View Post
Those look nice! :)
Tim Harjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 02:13 AM   #17
Major Player

yep, thanks to danny's suggestion to me a while ago, i realised Lightscribe were definitely for me..... no replacing of ink cartridges, and customers are WAY more impressed by them then my previous colour-printed ones... esp, when you call them something fancy like 'laser-etched gold discs' :)
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 05:39 AM   #18
Major Player

Yup, no ink costs, no printer costs. Have 2 PC's so burn 2 disks at a time. Infact although the burn/print takes 30mins per disk I can do that while I edit. Resolution is also very VERY high. I have some small text on the disks thats nice and sharp. They also have the golden shimmer of the disk in them so looks shiney and we all like shiney.

Some guys like the full colour. I just dont like getting ink on my fingers.

Disks do cost more than normal ones, I have used the cheap ones (£24 for 100) and there pretty rubbish, easily scratch and very thin. Problem is you cant buy the decent HP ones in bulk.
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:56 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Exactly. The gold tone was annoying at first, but then I realized that was part of what made them impressive looking (at least for wedding clients).
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:58 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Disks do cost more than normal ones, I have used the cheap ones (£24 for 100) and there pretty rubbish, easily scratch and very thin. Problem is you cant buy the decent HP ones in bulk.
I burned a 46 disc school graduation this spring. That was some crazy lightscribe work there. Three computers all with lightscribe going and each disc taking about 35 minutes on medium to burn the lightscribe.

I've been using Verbatim's media and have been pretty happy with it. B&H even has them for the best price and in 50 packs.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques