DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Love Story - Alexey & Irina (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/129827-love-story-alexey-irina.html)

Artem Kudrov September 11th, 2008 03:51 AM

Love Story - Alexey & Irina

I love to shoot in the rain: catch the motion through the water, thousand of kisses and a lot of laughing - that all I need to run like a crazy with my camera! :-)))

Alexey & Irina - Love Story on Vimeo

Richard Wakefield September 11th, 2008 04:34 AM

seen 2 clips from you, and all i can say both times is 'WOW!', sorry... :)

Artem Kudrov September 11th, 2008 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield (Post 932359)
seen 2 clips from you, and all i can say both times is 'WOW!', sorry... :)

Richard, thank You!!

Serge Satkar September 11th, 2008 05:15 AM

Hi Artem ;)
Amazing work! (as always)

If I tried to look it with critical eye, I'd say that some shots aren't colorcorrected and drop out a little from all sequence. Couple's speech is hard to understand and only left channeled..

But that's more technical, emotional part's just amazing as I said. Thank you for sharing!

Buba Kastorski September 11th, 2008 07:56 AM

Artem, amazing.

Travis Cossel September 11th, 2008 10:39 AM

What a beautiful video! The rain really does add a fun and romantic element to the piece. The audio for them speaking could have been better, but then you were shooting in the rain and using a shotgun mic I assume? Probably not a whole lot you could have done different about that, and it didn't take much away from the video.

Great editing and great shot selection and coloring. Loved it.

Question. I noticed you were using a steadicam device in the rain. I'm assuming you were using a rain-cover on your camera as well. What camera and cover and steadicam device were you using, and what was it like using that setup in the rain?

Thanks for posting!

Artem Kudrov September 12th, 2008 05:43 AM

Serge, Thank You!
Actually I don't know how to change the name in my profile. Artem - is the name registered by my friend. :-)
Yeah, you right - colorcorrection and sound recording aren't my strong sides. I don't know how to do it right...:-)

Buba, thanks!

Travis, thank You!
I used a wireless mic for shooting. Maybe I was messed up in settings for audio - I don't know, but it could be better I know... :-(
Yes, it was Canon HV20 with Glidecam 2000 as a secondary camera but the primary is Sony EX1. A rain-cover was on the sony only (Porta Brace | RS-EX1 Mini-DV Rain Slicker (Blue) | RS-EX1 | B&H), canon flew in the rain without any cover :-)) It's a second camera - the first one was ruined by the water from the pool. A few weeks ago the bride was splasing around the pool... so... my camera died :-))))

Emily Howlett September 14th, 2008 05:03 AM

Hi Arthur!
Great work - you have some wicked shots in there! And I dont understand what they are saying, but I still get it!! You really get the emotion shared between a couple so well.
Great love story!
Emily

Artem Kudrov September 17th, 2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily Howlett (Post 934506)
Hi Arthur!
I dont understand what they are saying, but I still get it!!
Emily

Emily, thank You so much!
This is the main purpose of my video!