Some Good New Wedding Plug Ins - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 26th, 2008, 09:16 AM   #16
Major Player

Thanks for sharing Richard. For $ 79 you can't go wrong with newbluefx. Great work by the way.
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:59 AM   #17
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson View Post
The rest can be easily done in most NLE's (for certain Vegas can pull these looks off with no issue) except for the TU tool.
I guess it depends upon your definition of "easily". I find the Color Fixer Plus effect to be MUCH easier and faster to use and the equivalent in the NLE. Just for kicks, I did a test. See the images below.

First is the original image. I then corrected it with the Color Fixer Plus effect and finished in about 15 seconds. Very fast and easy.

I then decided to duplicate that using Vegas' Color Correction effect and got "close" to the same. But it took over 40 times longer to get there. Ease of use means a lot.

Same is true with the Pixelator effect. Easily done in Vegas duplicating the footage to another track, adding a blur effect to one of them, and add a cookie cutter effect to one of them versus simply adding a single effect.
Attached Thumbnails
Some Good New Wedding Plug Ins-original.jpg   Some Good New Wedding Plug Ins-nbcolorfixer.jpg  

Some Good New Wedding Plug Ins-vegascc.jpg   Some Good New Wedding Plug Ins-vegasccsettings.jpg  

Attached Images

Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #18
Major Player

brilliant framegrabs there Ed, hopefully v.helpful to some people

just wondering though if you have possibly made the same assumption I did (until Alastair pointed it out to me.) You've used your colour dropper to go for a mid-tone, but infact you need to click on the whitest/lightest part of the picture.

I apologise if i'm wrong by the way :)

p.s. i love the pixelator plugin, now i just want someone to do something obscene at a wedding so i can use it!
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 10:22 AM   #19

With the color corrector, I did the "quickie" white balance first. I clicked on the High "complementary color" eye dropper and picked something white. I then clicked on the Low "complementary color" eye dropper and picked something black. Finally I did the same for "Mid" with something grey. However, I then needed to manually adjust them further to make it look as good as the color fixer plus version. Then gain, gamma, and saturation were adjusted (causing me to need more color wheel adjustments).

So while I'll agree that they *CAN* be done, I guess it depends on how much time you want to spend twiddling and how much time you want to spend editing.
Old September 26th, 2008, 10:31 AM   #20
Major Player

no, sorry Ed, that's not what i meant....i was talking about the colour dropper on the NewBlueFX plugin...it seems you've gone for a mid-tone, not the whitest part...but i may be wrong, it's just i made the same assumption, and got better even better results when it was corrected
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 10:37 AM   #21

You are somewhat correct. I did NOT pick one of the white lights. Instead, I picked one of the light reflections on the floor. I liked the result better that way. Picking one of the papers hanging on the machine to the right gave similar results. So you are correct, I did NOT pick the whitest spot but I didn't with Vegas' color corrector either.
Old November 4th, 2008, 01:59 PM   #22
Major Player

Thought it was worth mentioning that there is a special offer on for these at the moment. Todor has also done a really cool like featurette explaining the different filters in this package.
For $59 these genuinely are a bargain. The Auto Balance as already stated by Edward above is a great time saver. I find I am using it ALL the time now. Well worth the money just for that on it's own. Take a moemnt to have a look.

Special Offer!
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 03:02 PM   #23
Trustee

Just found this thread and in checking out this package, it looks like only about half of the filters do things that can't be done easily in Premier. This could be different for other NLEs.

It appears that they have some neat things in their other packages, but I'm still saving my money for MB Looks.

Oops... just realized there was a second page of posts.

Is that discount just for Vegas users? The button inside the link appears dead.

Last edited by Tripp Woelfel; November 4th, 2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Brain cramp
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #24
Regular Crew

The button on the special offer sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Try again after a few minutes.

And it looks like you can also buy the Mac version discounted with the same code.
Winfried Dobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 01:14 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Guys no-one mentioned the flash remover effect in one of the essential packs.

Unfortunately it doesn't fix the half-frame rolling shutter effect camera flashes cause :(

I was really excited when i saw this effect but doesn't work for me...
Chris Amana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 01:19 AM   #26
Inner Circle

Actually I tried fiddling with the demo and was able to remove SOME half frame flashes - although I noticed some temporal distortions in areas of movement. If you play with the adjustments, you can sometimes remove those RS partial frames...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 05:15 AM   #27
Trustee

WOW!!! "Flash Remover" Does this mean the end of the Rolling Shutter problem we have with the CMOS cameras?
If it does it might be worth the $80.

Stelios

Last edited by Stelios Christofides; July 15th, 2009 at 10:19 AM.
Stelios Christofides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #28
Inner Circle

I'd only describe the results as "mixed" and "promising". IOW, try their demo and see if it works where you "need" it. I believe that we will see a reliable flash remover in time that handles the partial frame issues, this plugin "helped" in "some" frames when I was testing, so it's part of the way there.

In the end I don't find the problem enough of a distraction to worry about, but I wanted to see how much improvement could be achieved in post.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #29
Trustee

Dave
I've tried the flash remover thing on one scene and then rendered it to DVD but the end results video became jumpy. Did you have this experience?

Stelios
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #30
Inner Circle

I noticed what I'd describe as "temporal distortion" in areas of movement - no doubt because the algorithm takes prior or subsequent frames.

I suspect that's the jumpiness you noticed - and IMO it was at least as much an issue as the partial frame exposure... as I say, promising, but not quite there yet. But as a proof of concept, it shows that it should be possible.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques