DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Some Good New Wedding Plug Ins (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/133662-some-good-new-wedding-plug-ins.html)

Alastair Brown September 19th, 2008 10:23 PM

Some Good New Wedding Plug Ins

http://www.newbluefx.com/video-essentials.html

Take 5 mins to check out the new set of plug-ins from New Blue.

They have some seriously good plug ins that are going to be really useful to us wedding guys.

I am especially impressed with the Color-Fixer. It genuinely does add ral punch and "pop" to your clips.

The samples say way more than I could, so take 5mins to check them out.

Jason Robinson September 19th, 2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alastair Brown (Post 939877)
http://www.newbluefx.com/video-essentials.html
Take 5 mins to check out the new set of plug-ins from New Blue.
They have some seriously good plug ins that are going to be really useful to us wedding guys.
I am especially impressed with the color-Fixer. It genuinely does add ral punch and "pop" to your clips.
The samples say way more than I could, so take 5mins to check them out.

Interesting. If it makes it easier to achieve a color grading aka look then I might be interested in them. and it looks like it will work with Vegas, so that is another plus.

Danny O'Neill September 20th, 2008 01:19 PM

HOw does this compare to MB looks?

Ive got that and VASST's celluloid but never without their downside. Im always trying to remove that stock 'video' look. Problem is its usually at the cost of over exposure or loosing detail.

Alastair Brown September 21st, 2008 05:00 PM

Hi Danny,

I have Looks myself and it is a hugely powerful set of tools to have at your disposal. I am however finding that the New Blue Color Fixer Plus is the first thing I am reaching for now. It in no way replaces Looks, however, it is dead simple to use, and it just works. Soon as youve done it, a before and after comparison immediately convinces you that it's made a very noticable improvement.

Danny O'Neill September 22nd, 2008 06:48 AM

I just hate the speed at which looks renders. Even simple curves only use half the computers cores so I end up trying to re-create the commonly used ones in Vegas which is why I like Celluloid.

However then have the problem of what looks great on the computer doesnt look so good on telly. colours are richer, blacks are very black and as you know everyone has their telly differently so it needs to have a more 'generic' look.

Richard Wakefield September 22nd, 2008 08:14 AM

hi all, i have now purchased this fantastic set of plugins too...

WOW! it really compliments Looks and the plugins from your NLE....exactly as described, it makes my footage 'pop', and noticeably crisper, can't wait to use it for future highlights clips....

here's one framegrab from the edit i'm on now (using 'color fixer plus', and a little bit of 'sharpen'):

http://www.fxfilms.co.uk/downloads/n...fx_example.jpg

i'll be posting more framegrabs or clips as soon as i can find the time

def. recommended!

Don Bloom September 22nd, 2008 09:05 AM

I got these this early AM and wouldn't you know it. I can't them activated. Paste SN and the activation button won't go live. I put in a work ticket to NewBlue I hope they answer soon, these plugins look like they're just what the doctor ordered. WHAAA! I want them to work NOW!;-)
BTW, I reinsatlled them and even the trial version doesn't work. Boohooo!
Don

Richard Wakefield September 22nd, 2008 09:08 AM

Don: just to double-check you're activating them within your NLE? def. should work fine...hopefully NewBlueFX will sort it asap for you

Don Bloom September 22nd, 2008 10:15 AM

yep, tried to activate in Vegas - more than a few times. Uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times now and nothing. the dialouge box that comes up when placing the FX on a clip is blank. There is no activation dialouge screen at all. NewBlue did email back and suggested I try to activate thru a clip screen as I described above but I got nothing. UGH! I really want to use this on a project. I'm frustrated.

Don

Jason Robinson September 22nd, 2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield (Post 940860)
Don: just to double-check you're activating them within your NLE? def. should work fine...hopefully NewBlueFX will sort it asap for you

Any idea if these multithread correctly? The last thing I want to do is bog down previewing on my already slow poke P4HT 3GH chip with a plugin that is single threaded. Their web site doesn't say one way or the other.

Danny O'Neill September 22nd, 2008 12:06 PM

playing with the demo now and they do indeed multithread

Jason Robinson September 22nd, 2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny O'Neill (Post 940957)
playing with the demo now and they do indeed multithread

Excellent. I've got a lot of weddings to edit through still and if I can get the "pop" they advertise with as little steps as they say, then it might be worth it.

Peter Jefferson September 23rd, 2008 03:50 AM

Saw these the other day and thought the touch up filter was a good idea for HD video and all those paranoid brides. The rest can be easily done in most NLE's (for certain Vegas can pull these looks off with no issue) except for the TU tool.

Noel Lising September 23rd, 2008 07:07 AM

any Clips to share?

Good morning. Any clips to share using the newbluefx?

Thanks in advance.

Richard Wakefield September 26th, 2008 08:50 AM

Noel:

just finished this highlights clip (bit shakey in parts when forced to go handheld and had a really bad back!)

In terms of effects it uses half and half MB Looks and NewBlueFX Video Essentials

Wedding Highlights (Gurdeep and Harpreet) on Vimeo

cheers