SD 302 Mixer. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 20th, 2008, 09:18 PM   #1
Major Player

SD 302 Mixer.

Anyone using this mixer for weddings.
Sound Devices | 302 Portable 3 Channel Field Mixer | 302 | B&H

I just purchased it and I have a feeling my audio just become much MUCH better. I have played with it a little and getting so much better audio and its so much easier to control.

I have to have the pods turned way up on the A1 but finally seem to be getting good mixed audio.

Denny
Old September 21st, 2008, 04:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I use a Shure FP33 often. Sometimes just as a way to in interface with a DJs mixer. I can convert line or mic levels, adjust the level independently. I have also used it to mix 3 wireless mics (bride, groom and priest). If you have a person to operate it it is nice to have the levels all right there.
Old September 21st, 2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Abrams View Post
If you have a person to operate it it is nice to have the levels all right there.
Even if I have to operate it, its easier than trying to do it on camera. Making adjustments to the on camera audio gives camera shake sometimes and hard to do in small adjustments
Old September 23rd, 2008, 12:18 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Kyser View Post
I just purchased it and I have a feeling my audio just become much MUCH better. I have played with it a little and getting so much better audio and its so much easier to control.
You made a wise purchase decision. I don't do weddings, but I, too, experienced an increase in audio quuality since I got this mixer.

- Martin

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques