DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Trash-the-dress Boris & Helen (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/134181-trash-dress-boris-helen.html)

Serge Satkar September 23rd, 2008 05:56 AM

Trash-the-dress Boris & Helen

My first trash-the-dress :) It's new both to me and to our B&Gs so this is an experiment..
Appresciate any comments!

Trash-the-dress Boris & Helen on Vimeo

Artem Kudrov September 23rd, 2008 06:13 AM

Serge! Very bewitching video and fine musical choice! The only thing need to be corrected - make 16:9 mode... (I think it's would be better for your style...). Anyway, I like it!

- Arthur

Serge Satkar September 23rd, 2008 01:16 PM

Thank you Arthur!
My pity it was 4:3 shoot then.. and vignette is not best decision for I composed frame other way.. Now, when I shot much 16:9 footage 4:3 seems odd for me too..

Jason Robinson September 23rd, 2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serge Lebedev (Post 941474)
My first trash-the-dress :) It's new both to me and to our B&Gs so this is an experiment..
Appresciate any comments!

Trash-the-dress Boris & Helen on Vimeo

The folly work at the very start (audio dubbing of foot steps in leaves) was a bit too loud and then it suddenly died. If you tone it down a bit at the start it won't be as obvious when you take it away.

Very interesting visuals. I kept waiting for her to be dropped by the groom into the water behind her. Then a later shot showed that the water was still a ways away. hehehe I guess I have certain expectations for a trash the dress shoot given the usual theme for hte ones I've seen here lately.

Serge Satkar September 24th, 2008 04:26 AM

Thank you Jason I'll take a look on sound!
Playing with spectator expectations is our work ;)

John Moon September 24th, 2008 07:02 PM

Serge....I liked the use of fire :) Nice work.

Serge Satkar September 24th, 2008 07:42 PM

Thanks John :)

My workmate photographer was a little luckier and shot the bride thru fire very close for a second.. But it was near to trash the dress both with bride :) and with photographer too.. :)

Actually I regret that fire was too fast traveling skipping from one place to another on the dry grass.. We jumped around as grasshoppers trying to catch it, reeked totally with smell of burning.. but mostly in vain.. That shoot was a good adventure ))

Travis Cossel September 24th, 2008 09:53 PM

I loved how the "fire" scenes appeared after they both went to the ground .. almost as if the fire was representing their passion for each other. Very cool.

What I didn't quite like was some of what followed. It just didn't seem to lead anywhere after that, and looked more like a collection of good shots. I think the video would have been stronger if you had used some of those shots earlier on, and then ended with the "fire shots". Maybe even shorten the song if you have to.

Anyways, I enjoyed it, but that's what I was thinking would make it better.

Serge Satkar September 25th, 2008 01:09 PM

Travis, appreciate pratcical advice, you get just at the root, thank you!