Trailer & Highlights at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 8th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Major Player

Trailer & Highlights

Hi All, my homepage has a new trailer and highlights clip (different weddings) if anyone would care to view and critique please.

I've always liked the song I used for the Trailer (Have a Nice Day - Stereophonics) but it was a sod to set the music to as, for me, the tempo has some subtle changes. You spend ages getting it just right for your eyes and ears, leave it for a few hours, come back and it seems all out of whack. Does anyone else have that problem?

www.danburnap.com

Thanks
Dan Burnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Regular Crew

sudden ending to trailer

Hi Dan

I didn't really like the sudden ending with the trailer, the song is a bit too upbeat for such a sudden ending, also I tend not to use too many transition effects but that is only my preference.

I like the concept of framing the characters and I've used a similar concept myself, but I felt that it would have been better left as a freeze frame. I'm also not a big fan of the zoom shot, I tend to compose the shot and hold. Looked like a fun couple!!!! Always good when you get a couple/group like that, you get a nice energy from them.

Please understand that these are my opinions only, I am relatively new to the videography scene myself, and have only drawn on the information and clips presented by our seasoned pro's here on this forum.

Cheers
Darren
Darren Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 05:23 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Darren, it's always good to have a second pair of eyes and honest opinion on your work so thanks for your comments.

Yep, the couple were very cool and fun and a good day was had.

I like my Trailers to have an impact, fast without much time to take it all in or draw a breath. I find it gives the couple a ravenous appetite for the final DVD. I suppose 'teaser' is a more accurate term for my Trailers.

Sometimes, I find I have to stop myself making a mini highlights clip when I'm making a Trailer which is easy to slip into if I'm not concentrating!

Thanks again!
Dan Burnap is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques