Seminar Settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 10th, 2008, 03:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Seminar Settings

Hey guys wondering if you could help me out. I know its not a wedding question but most you guys also record corporate stuff too. Im recording a seminar soon. Its in a big function room, because the speaker is using powerpoint the room will be poorly lit. I'll be at the back of the room. Can anyone recommend what settings to use on my cam? i cant use auto as the light from the poweroint presentation (which is white) will mislead the camera. Any help would be great. Its a one camera shoot. I'll need to go from a wide shot to CU of the powerpoint slide and then back to a WS. Cheers.
Dennis Cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:50 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Seminar recording

Use manual iris because when you move from CU to wide the powerpoint show will most likely be unreadable. Try using extra light on the podium. The WB is also not the same between screen and the podium. The projector light has the outdoor wb settings. The best resault will be if you can obtain all the slides and edit them in later in the project.
Asvaldur Kristjansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 07:07 AM   #3
Major Player

I do shots like this all the time. If you can't get the PowerPoint slides and edit them in later, do a manual whitebalance with available room lighting with the projector off. Most likely they will dim the lights for the presentation, do use manual iris to go between the slides and the presenter. I doubt they will let you put any light on the podium, if there is one, because most presenters will find the distracting. So they will be dark, there really isn't much you can do about it. In the end, it is more important to be able to clearly hear the presentation and possibly read the slides depending on their design and importance to the presentation. Good luck.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques