DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   How come stuff like this never happens at weddings I shoot? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/135642-how-come-stuff-like-never-happens-weddings-i-shoot.html)

Eric Gan October 12th, 2008 01:17 AM

How come stuff like this never happens at weddings I shoot?

YouTube - Best man owns bride and ruins wedding

Sorry if this is old, but it's the first time I've seen it. The videographer was pro - calmly moves over to get a better shot.

Michael Wisniewski October 12th, 2008 01:37 AM

Ouch! I think that groom should have jumped in after the bride and finished the ceremony in style. But, yeah funny about the videographer, just another day at work.

Tim Harjo October 12th, 2008 01:48 AM

Wow.. Nope, never seen that one before..

Dany Badaoui October 12th, 2008 01:55 AM

i love it,

i have been tempted to send a couple videos from my wedding shoots to funniest home videos, i wonder how that would go.

Peter Szilveszter October 12th, 2008 04:08 AM

I am sorry but I laughed out very loud but of course I wouldn't wish it upon any couple :)

Mary Angelini October 12th, 2008 06:48 AM

That was Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

Richard Wakefield October 12th, 2008 07:39 AM

my favourite bit is where one of the bridesmaids (?) laughs...that can't have gone down well when the B+G finally got round to watching it :)

Brian Leahy October 12th, 2008 08:26 AM

This video comes across to me as been clearly acted out, FAKE

John Knight October 12th, 2008 12:08 PM

After watching it a few times, I suspected a setup... I mean, what a bizarre platform to get married on. Still not sure if it's fake. If it is - very well done!

Rick Steele October 12th, 2008 12:47 PM

Come on you guys... that thing is about as fake as the ring shots I do. :)

Chris Davis October 12th, 2008 03:05 PM

If it was fake, it was well done. Usually in the fakes you can watch the expressions and positions of other people as they get ready for the fall. I didn't see that in this video.

I have been to a few weddings where there have been ridiculous setups that certainly wouldn't pass any kind of safety inspection. At one wedding they thought it would be "cute" to have an arch bridge at the *only* entrance to the reception hall. This thing had at least a 45 degree incline at the front and rear with no traction at all. I wish I had a spare camera to leave pointed at the bridge all night to capure all the people who fell climbing up or down it.

Travis Cossel October 12th, 2008 05:23 PM

I'm going with "not faked". I initially watched it without reading any of the comments here, and it struck me as faked because the BM falls onto the deck and doesn't run into the bride. So how does she manage to fall off and take the officiant with her?

Well, watch it again and pause the video at the right place and you'll see that it was the officiant who knocked the bride in. He comes forward to try and aid the BM, and inadvertently knocks the bride backwards, then tries to save her and they both go in.

Also, if you watch the BM when he falls he lands HARD on that deck. It's not an acted fall for sure. And to top it off, as he's falling the bride isn't even looking at him, she's got her eyes on the groom. In a setup, she'd most certainly be watching the "action". Also, there are quite a few people there, all dressed up, and even people watching in the background. That's a lot effort for a setup.

Crazy stuff. Talk about an instant TTD shoot, lol.

John Knight October 12th, 2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 950188)
Also, if you watch the BM when he falls he lands HARD

Yeah - I agree, that's not a fake bestman fall. The crowd reaction is pretty genuine too.

Rick Steele October 12th, 2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Knight (Post 950283)
The crowd reaction is pretty genuine too.

Well, it would be if they weren't in on the gag. :)

Robert Bec October 12th, 2008 08:47 PM

I guess we will never know if it was fake but 100% staged it has to have been you don't stand so close to the edge

Awsome fall by the bestman but fake