Wedding Clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 20th, 2008, 03:02 PM   #1
Tourist

Wedding Clip

Hi,
I'd like to know your opinions about these clips: Wedding Intro on Vimeo , Wedding Plener on Vimeo , Wedding Intro 2.

This is my first clips:)

Regards Karol

Last edited by Karol Strzelczyk; October 21st, 2008 at 06:49 AM.
Karol Strzelczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #2
Trustee

In the Wedding Plener you had some good shots, nice settings, good poses, and nice natural moments between the bride and groom. The thing you can do without is the heavy square vignette that covers the whole video. Lose that and it gets better in my opinion.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:31 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I'd concur on the vignette... in some ways it seems to fit, yet just isn't quite right, can't put my finger on it...

The other thing that really stuck out to me was all the interlace combing/artifacts... at first I thought it was an effect in the transitions... I guess it fit with the "old TV" vignette... then I realized it was very prominent and not in a good way throughout much of both videos, detracting from otherwise quite nice shot composition and editing. Might want to double check your deinterlace settings and fiddle with them a bit and re-render, maybe even try a render to 24p if your NLE offers it...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 06:42 AM   #4
Tourist

In the original material everything is ok, Interlace effect have to appear after convert to avi.
Next time I add orginal material.

Thx for comment.
Karol Strzelczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:36 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Great piece of music to cut to and I really liked your intro edit. But whooa - the shot of her on her knees after the second garter shot - it looked as if she'd fallen down a huge hole in the lawn or was a legless disabled bride. Out with that, I say!
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:40 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Watched more. Yes, lose the soft-edged mask and shoot in wide-screen. Nothing against 4:3 except that most of your viewers will be distorting your images to fill their 16:9 screens. Not good.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:49 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karol Strzelczyk View Post
In the original material everything is ok, Interlace effect have to appear after convert to avi.
Next time I add orginal material.
Just do a deinterlace before you put it on the web.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques