Complaints about your logo? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 5th, 2008, 04:42 PM   #46
Major Player

Hey, I went to school in VT for 5 years (Norwich)!
For your logo, I would animate that. Just keep the logo, but animate it.
My production name is Orange Video Production, and my wife designed the logo, but I animated it and it looked cool (IMO). Maybe animating it will take away that sexual attention which people are annoyed. Honestly, I didn't notice anything like that at first, but after I read others talking about it, I could understand where they are saying from, but as you said, it's only 6 sec.
I don't put logo on my wedding videos. for one, I animate the menu and I want that to come first AND I use animation during transition as well, so it goes smoothly to the video instead of 'unexpected' animation of my logo. There are orange logos on the disc, case, plastic bag, everywhere. I may put logo on my corporate work (at the end), or events, but never in the beginning (unlike films).
Just my personal preference.

JJ
J.J. Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 12:31 AM   #47
Major Player

I wonder myself about having any name other than your own for a company identity, particularly in the wedding business.
At the end of the job I'd prefer for people to see and remember my name instead of some other name I thought up one time ago.
Not to mention the extra hassle of having to register this name with The CRO (company registration office) because it's not your name.

Adam, if you were at a wedding and someone asked you who you were, would you prefer to say 'Adam Barker Productions' or 'playsock productions' ?
Just something to think about.
Ger Griffin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques