Wedding Trailer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:28 PM   #16
Still Motion

Great imagery Joe. The story seemed a little disconnected overall, which is even more of a shame with such strong visuals. I think a mild VO in there could have started to tie it together but I can understand if you are going for a simpler approach with a trailer.

P.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:00 PM   #17
Major Player

What a 'WOW' video and I can learn a lot from that!!! It is happy to see anyone who put such a effort into a wedding. Wedding Video like this will encourage more couple to choose Wedding Video service, also encourage other wedding videographer go one step further. It great to see a wedding video at this level. Thank you very much!
Old November 4th, 2008, 09:27 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Travis - We're lucky that most of the weddings we shoot take place at one location. We can get there early before the B&G arrives. We then do bridal preps on location. We do get some church weddings but with those I work with the B&G where they are doing the preps and send the rest of my team to get the shots needed at the church location. I do understand when you have multiple locations it makes it a lot harder to work with this setup. Especially hard when you are working with Catholic churches that do 3 or so ceremonies in one day!

Carl- Thanks for the comments. The brides room footage was all natural light. There is a big window that lets in just the right amount of lighting contrast. Also a lot of the look in those shots is from the 35 adaptor and the CC work we did.

We use the Audio-Technica - 4073A shotgun mic. I love it, it gets amazing sound.
The shot in the grooms room was done handheld, it was the perfect moment to get a natural reaction. A bit of luck and a bit of anticipating the moment.
I created my own Magic Bullet present for this piece. Throughout the edit I changed the settings constantly. I spent a few hours just on CC tweaking each clip.

Patrick - Thanks for the comments. Your a great inspiration, and your work is amazing! I hope to reach the level of art you guys create someday!

Can you explain a little more about how the story seems disconnected? Your the second person to mention this so I'd love to hear any other insight that could help. I didn't think about adding in a VO and I can see how that could add emotion. Maybe something from the ceremony? When I'm working on these trailers I really focus on beautiful shots to tell the story. Thanks!
Joe Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #19
New Boot

Absolutely beautiful. I think it's perfect.

What music is that in there Joe? It's great!
Anthony Sellitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #20
Major Player

Joe - curious what do you use for a monitor on your crane? I can set up and breakdown my Skycrane pretty fast but setting up the monitor takes some time.

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Simon View Post
Travis - We're lucky that most of the weddings we shoot take place at one location. We can get there early before the B&G arrives. We then do bridal preps on location. We do get some church weddings but with those I work with the B&G where they are doing te use the Audio-Technica - 4073A shotgun mic. I love it, it gets amazing sound.
The shot in the grooms room was done handheld, it was the perfect moment to get a natural reaction. A bit of luck and a bit of anticipating the moment.
I created my own Magic Bullet present for this piece. Throughout the edit I changed the settings constantly. I spent a few hours just on CC tweaking each clip.

Patrick - Thanks for the comments. Your a great inspiration, and your work is amazing! I hope to reach the level of art you guys create someday!

Can you explain a little more about how the story seems disconnected? Your the second person to mention this so I'd love to hear any other insight that could help. I didn't think about adding in a VO and I can see how that could add emotion. Maybe something from the ceremony? When I'm working on these trailers I really focus on beautiful shots to tell the story. Thanks!

I'd like to throw my compliments out there as well for a job Well Done.

May we inquire to what a quote for a job this size is ?
Tim Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Art - I don't use a monitor on the crane. We are using the XHA1's and just tilt the onboard LCD so we can see what we are framing. At weddings everything goes by so quick we don't have time to set up a monitoring system.

Andy - Thanks for the kind words. The weddings we do that have both the crane and 35 adaptor start at $4500.
Joe Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 11:09 AM   #23
Major Player

Joe - thats what I was hoping to hear regarding the crane. I'll have to practice the point and shoot method - and get a better pair of glasses to see the A1 LCD from 6 feet away:)

Thanks - Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques