DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   It's been a while since posting a clip... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/137714-its-been-while-since-posting-clip.html)

Mark Von Lanken November 13th, 2008 11:17 AM

It's been a while since posting a clip...

...so here goes.

The bride selected a pop/power ballad, so we didn't use many dissolves or very much slow motion.

Alastair brought up a good point in his post about using dissolves and the discussion that followed was very interesting. I really like to use dissolves for weddings, especially when using a slower song. Dissolves, B&W, Slow motion, Glidecam...can all be overused, but much of it comes down to personal style and personal preference. I applaud Alastair for stepping out of his box and succeeding in his new dissolve free production.

So feel free to tell me what you like and what you didn't like.
http://vonweddingfilms.com/v2site_im...NHighlight.wmv

Jeff Harper November 13th, 2008 11:22 AM

Mark, link is dead.

Mark Von Lanken November 13th, 2008 11:26 AM

Thanks Jeff. It should work now.

Shaun Conner November 13th, 2008 11:41 AM

Mark I'm a big fan of your work. I loved the video. When the bride and groom are alone holding hands, did you shoot that before or after the ceremony? Also Did they have the fireworks or was that just an add on to end the video?

Jeff Harper November 13th, 2008 11:54 AM

Mark, I love it. In addition, I don't know what camera you use but your images are great. I don't have any specific comments, I'm swamped with work and shouldn't even be here in the first place.

BTW I received one of your training videos as a gift a year or two ago ago and I've been a fan of yours ever since. I love it that you are a part of this forum.

I only stumbled upon this place recently, having been holed-up almost exclusively in the Vegas forum for the last year or two. I absolutely believe I will be a better videographer after hanging around here for a while, especially with the likes of you being a part of it. Priceless!

Mark Von Lanken November 13th, 2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun Conner (Post 963144)
Mark I'm a big fan of your work. I loved the video. When the bride and groom are alone holding hands, did you shoot that before or after the ceremony? Also Did they have the fireworks or was that just an add on to end the video?

Hi Shawn,

Thanks. Yes, that series of shots was from their first look which happened before there ceremony. We put the first couple of shots from their first look in B&W to help with the time shift. We were also tying in the lyrics of the song.

The fireworks happened about 5 minutes after they left the reception. It just so happened that Oklahoma was celebrating it's Centenial with a big fireworks show just a couple of blocks from the reception venue. The B&G could hear the fireworks from their hotel room.

Mark Von Lanken November 13th, 2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 963151)
Mark, I love it. In addition, I don't know what camera you use but your images are great. I don't have any specific comments, I'm swamped with work and shouldn't even be here in the first place.

BTW I received one of your training videos as a gift a year or two ago ago and I've been a fan of yours ever since. I love it that you are a part of this forum.

I only stumbled upon this place recently, having been holed-up almost exclusively in the Vegas forum for the last year or two. I absolutely believe I will be a better videographer after hanging around here for a while, especially with the likes of you being a part of it. Priceless!

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words. We shoot with Sony Z1s. I'm glad the training video was beneficial to you.

I agree with you. We all get better by learning from each other and this is a great place to learn.

Travis Cossel November 13th, 2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Von Lanken (Post 963172)
The B&G could hear the fireworks from their hotel room.

Should I be resisting making any comments here? d;-)

Anyways, nice video. I liked the shot of the groom looking at the bride's ring. That was quite a rock!

Monday Isa November 13th, 2008 01:41 PM

Mark good job! I liked the even lighting you had with this clip, the clip flowed very well from start to end. Thanks for sharing.

Monday

Mark Von Lanken November 13th, 2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 963211)
Should I be resisting making any comments here? d;-)

Anyways, nice video. I liked the shot of the groom looking at the bride's ring. That was quite a rock!

Hi Travis,

I had even thought of it that way. Thanks. Yes, she did get a really nice ring.

Mark Von Lanken November 13th, 2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monday Isa (Post 963227)
Mark good job! I liked the even lighting you had with this clip, the clip flowed very well from start to end. Thanks for sharing.

Monday

Hi Monday,

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for watching.