DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   "Rain, Fog, Ice!" wedding highlights. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/138273-rain-fog-ice-wedding-highlights.html)

Oleg Kalyan November 22nd, 2008 06:05 PM

"Rain, Fog, Ice!" wedding highlights.

Michail&Natalia Wedding Highlights 6min,
taken from three defferent parts of the wedding film
"Rain, Fog, Ice!" By Oleg Kalyan On ExposureRoom

Oleg Kalyan November 23rd, 2008 01:40 AM

Just to clarify, the title comes from the sign,
at the Trolleybus station, these vehicles are very common in Moscow and Russia in general
: )

Oren Arieli November 23rd, 2008 12:51 PM

Beautifully crafted work. Nicely edited and shot. I'm sure the couple was overjoyed. It always amazes me when a videographer can staged footage without the photographer present... do you work with a photographer that will give up some of his shooting time for you?

Oren Arieli November 23rd, 2008 12:52 PM

Beautifully crafted work. Nicely edited and shot. I'm sure the couple was overjoyed. It always amazes me when a videographer can staged footage without the photographer present... do you work with a photographer that will give up some of his shooting time for you?

You and the couple braved the weather to get some wonderful images. I'm surprised her dress wasn't grey by the end of the shoot.

What gear are you using for camera/steadycam?

(sorry about the double posting, my browser froze)

Oleg Kalyan November 23rd, 2008 01:59 PM

Оren, thank you!

""It always amazes me when a videographer can staged footage without the photographer present...""

the photographer was present on the set, а very talented Vera Klokova..
???? ???????: ??????? ?????? ???

And, yes, we gave up some time for each other!

You and the couple braved the weather to get some wonderful images. I'm surprised her dress wasn't grey by the end of the shoot.

the dress was OK, a little wet.... we didn't have a choice, there are no cars inside the park, to bring the couple to the place where the guests were waiting. All the guests were waiting, but the rain didn't stop....

""What gear are you using for camera/steadycam?""

The stedicam is used only in the museum and on the wet grass, the rest of the shots are hand held, monopod, and moving shots are done from the car, by my second camera man Serge.

Hope this helps !

Tom Vaughan November 30th, 2008 11:19 PM

Spectacular work! You found so many interesting angles to shoot from. The composition is terrific. Bravo!

Oleg Kalyan December 1st, 2008 02:05 PM

Tom, thank you, glad to hear that,
good thing if you understand Russian, I guess, got to put subtitles for all English speaking people.

Konrad Czystowski December 2nd, 2008 12:06 AM

I enjoyed it a lot.
In the first half of the clip you got my attention in way that it's hard to get usually. I was'nt checking out the shots you got and the way you edited the piece, but I was just enjoying watching it and being drawn by the story.
The second part was dragging too long for me. It was just photosession stuff.
Some more reception or ceremony (although I assume that you may not have been able to shoot it, right?) would go a long way.

Good work.

Oleg Kalyan December 2nd, 2008 03:20 AM

Konrad,
appreciate you watching it, the whole piece : ) , promo came our rather long, in three parts,
with some native Russian language, that possibly slows down empathy.

I may need to cut it for an international audience and to comply with the typical promo
running time.

Tnanks again!

Just to add a little explanation, the video does't cover all significant moments of the wedding, rather important from the point of personal storytelling.

Buba Kastorski December 2nd, 2008 02:37 PM

No copycats here :-)
(so many people were involved in that discussion, but who gives a shit)
awesome work! this one - is like being there, really enjoyed it!

Blake Cavett December 2nd, 2008 04:06 PM

All I keep seeing is the erotic club video. Was there something else to watch?

Oleg Kalyan December 3rd, 2008 07:20 AM

Off topic,

Blake, you are kidding, right? You can't see anything else?

Just a few videos require passcode, the rest are for public viewing,
I began to use ER recently, there is not too much of my work there yet.

Oleg Kalyan December 3rd, 2008 07:53 AM

Buba, appreciate watching it : )

Blake Cavett December 3rd, 2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Kalyan (Post 972141)
Off topic,

Blake, you are kidding, right? You can't see anything else?

Just a few videos require passcode, the rest are for public viewing,
I began to use ER recently, there is not too much of my work there yet.

Yes, I was kidding. Although once I saw the erotic video, I really didn't see any other videos. :)

Why can't I get hired to do a shoot like that?!

Art Varga December 3rd, 2008 10:25 AM

Oleg - Lovely! I enjoy all of your work. Really liked the veil fade at1:55. Very impressed with the amount of time it seems you got with the B&G especially sharing with Photog. Almost thought this was a private session done before or after the wedding day.

Art