DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Beach Wedding Same Day Edit (with Mayad) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/138274-beach-wedding-same-day-edit-mayad.html)

Jason Magbanua November 22nd, 2008 06:24 PM

Beach Wedding Same Day Edit (with Mayad)

I inadvertently found myself booking three events last November 15. I was able to spread out my team for the city events but found myself alone in a destination wedding. I was fortunate that Mayad (Fiel and Alvin) were available to shoot and did so without a second thought.

The wedding was in Amanpulo, Philippines. Famed locally as a Hollywood celebrity favorite becuase of it's beauty and privacy. I believe the gooing rate is $1000 dollar min per night.
Only a chartered plane could bring you there.

And so with a red carpet waiting for us at the island, we did our jobs.

Mannix and Elaine on Vimeo

They were into house music and I got a big help form Alex and Julie from Elysium. They emailed me some tracks which would be appropriate for video.

It was extra difficult as I was used to a fiver person crew for regular weddings. We were only three. But we managed. We should've taken a pic of us capturing in the bushes while the ceremony was going on. =)

All the glides are courtesy of Mayad. Vestless!!! Amazing!

Sadly, it rained during the reception so the dinner setup was ruined. But the guests' spirits weren't dampened and the party continued in a roofed clubhouse.

Equipment:
2 x FX1s
1 HV30 + Brevis (100m macro + 50mm)
GC4000 + Century Optics .55x
Dell XPS 1330

Thanks for watching.

Travis Cossel November 22nd, 2008 07:29 PM

Absolutely gorgeous and perfect. The stunning visuals and editing were simply matched by the emotion and personal feel you created. Superb work, and an inspiration to most of us on here I'm sure.

Raphael Jamil Pranga November 23rd, 2008 12:49 AM

Ehem, correction...

it should be ----> 1 HV30 + Letus Mini (100mm macro + 50mm)
^_^

Man that shoot feels just like a dream! We didn't get to relax and enjoy the island since we just stayed there overnight. :(

Btw, us doing this with you is really an honor! Hope we could do this again some other time if the situation permits!

Noel Lising November 25th, 2008 08:16 AM

Collaboration

Wow, great work. I thought collaborations only happens in the music world. I wonder what Jmag/Still Motion shoot or Mayad/Still Motion shoot would look like.

John De Rienzo November 25th, 2008 05:51 PM

Very creative, absolutely love this. Great eye for shot composition.

Thx for sharing.

Cheers.

Patrick Moreau November 30th, 2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noel Lising (Post 968701)
I thought collaborations only happens in the music world. I wonder what Jmag/Still Motion shoot would look like.

I've been working on this one for a while. Its tough with celebrity guys like Jason who have a team of PR people and personal assistants to get through to actually reach him. When you do, he is like 'Patrick who?'. If I persist long enough, one of these days he is gonna crack.

P.

Jason Magbanua December 1st, 2008 11:02 AM

Mr. P.

I spat soda out of my nose reading your post. Lol.

Totally untrue. My people have you number and will be calling soon ;-)

Cheers!

Jason Magbanua December 1st, 2008 11:06 AM

Thanks to the peeps who took time out to watch. Much much appreciated!