photo contract at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 25th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Major Player

photo contract

Does anyone out there who is doing photo/video have a photo contract that they would be willing to share. I would love one that is for the client and one for the photographer being hired as well. Many thanks in advance to anyone who posts.

JB
Jason Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 07:42 AM   #2
Major Player

The best thing you could do here is to Google wedding photography contracts there are many samples out there. Then take the sample to your attorney and have it customized to your specific needs.

Same thing for the contract for the photographer you hire except you're looking for an employment contract. They come in different flavors depending on the terms you want between you and your hire.

We all try to save money by DIY but when it comes to legal matters, spending some up front could really save you down the road.
Josh Laronge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 09:44 AM   #3
New Boot

While I am new to videography... legal matters are something I am versed in.

You need a contract written by an attorney in the state where you are conducting business. A contract you may find online MAY/MAY NOT be worth a dime. Believe me... one word in a contract can make a world of difference based on your state/locality. A contract is nothing more than a guideline of agreement... and the wording of said contract makes it stand up in a court of law (or flop). They are great for making ASSUMPTIONS... but in the end it will be a judge and/or jury that determines if the contract is valid based on the laws of your state.

For example: I may sign a waiver/release of liability to participate in an activity on your property... but you can still be held liable if I become injured due to your negligence - contract or no contract.

Good attorneys will word contracts so that agreements will stick in court. The last contract I had drawn up cost me $350.00 - I sleep good at night knowing that it will stick in court.
Scott Adams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques