DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   I think everybody needs a drink (SDE). (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/138918-i-think-everybody-needs-drink-sde.html)

Jason Magbanua December 3rd, 2008 07:48 PM

I think everybody needs a drink (SDE).

Cynclaire and Raffy - Same Day Edit on Vimeo

Same Day Edit.

Thank you to all the people who have already seen it in Vimeo.

Cheers everybody!

Peter Chung December 3rd, 2008 08:29 PM

Again, great video and Happy Birthday, Jason!

John Moon December 3rd, 2008 09:01 PM

A brilliant edit. If you went through the alphabet, I want to see the behind the scenes footage! :)

Scott Adams December 4th, 2008 08:17 AM

Perfection.

Noel Lising December 4th, 2008 08:38 AM

Brilliant Jmags. Now I have to copy you. j/k

Ethan Cooper December 4th, 2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noel Lising (Post 972767)
Brilliant Jmags. Now I have to copy you. j/k

Thanks for making me snort coffee through my nose this morning.

Jason - What else can anyone say about your stuff that hasn't already been said? It's brilliant, well shot, seemingly well thought out, and masterfully edited especially considering you edited that within a few hours.
Did you have the drink recipe screens pre-made before the edit, like maybe the night before or did you do all that day of, just to increase the degree of difficulty and remind the rest of us that you're not a mere mortal?

Peter Chung December 4th, 2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper (Post 972783)
Jason - What else can anyone say about your stuff that hasn't already been said? It's brilliant, well shot, seemingly well thought out, and masterfully edited especially considering you edited that within a few hours.

Did you have the drink recipe screens pre-made before the edit, like maybe the night before or did you do all that day of, just to increase the degree of difficulty and remind the rest of us that you're not a mere mortal?

... not to mention that Jason also wasn't sober while editing this ;) He can do SDEs without even looking at the footage because it's ALL good footage and without headphones as he can find the beat just by looking at the waveform... no mere mortal, indeed.

Jason Magbanua December 4th, 2008 11:54 AM

Thanks Peter! I'll try to upload the birthday pictures. =)

And hey, I was sober by 1pm =)

Jason Magbanua December 4th, 2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper (Post 972783)
Thanks for making me snort coffee through my nose this morning.

You are much too kind Ethan. =)

I had some recipes in mind already and typed some text the morning of the wedding. Though originally, the cocktails chosen were kinda random. I realized it would be more coherent to have "beachy" drinks.

Recipes courtesy of this site - Popular Drinks List

Blake Cavett December 5th, 2008 08:53 AM

From start to finish, that was absolutely amazing!
I'm new to your work, but now your biggest fan! Curious... what gear do you use?