I think everybody needs a drink (SDE). at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 3rd, 2008, 07:48 PM   #1
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Manila
Posts: 317
I think everybody needs a drink (SDE).

Cynclaire and Raffy - Same Day Edit on Vimeo

Same Day Edit.

Thank you to all the people who have already seen it in Vimeo.

Cheers everybody!
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:29 PM   #2
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO USA
Posts: 220
Again, great video and Happy Birthday, Jason!
Peter Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2008, 09:01 PM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 446
A brilliant edit. If you went through the alphabet, I want to see the behind the scenes footage! :)
__________________
John J. Moon
www.northernlightfilmworks.com - Event DV Top 25 Recipient
John Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #4
New Boot
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 19
Perfection.
Scott Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #5
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 789
Brilliant Jmags. Now I have to copy you. j/k
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 09:07 AM   #6
Trustee
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Houma, La.
Posts: 1,400
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Lising View Post
Brilliant Jmags. Now I have to copy you. j/k
Thanks for making me snort coffee through my nose this morning.

Jason - What else can anyone say about your stuff that hasn't already been said? It's brilliant, well shot, seemingly well thought out, and masterfully edited especially considering you edited that within a few hours.
Did you have the drink recipe screens pre-made before the edit, like maybe the night before or did you do all that day of, just to increase the degree of difficulty and remind the rest of us that you're not a mere mortal?
__________________

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #7
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO USA
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper View Post
Jason - What else can anyone say about your stuff that hasn't already been said? It's brilliant, well shot, seemingly well thought out, and masterfully edited especially considering you edited that within a few hours.

Did you have the drink recipe screens pre-made before the edit, like maybe the night before or did you do all that day of, just to increase the degree of difficulty and remind the rest of us that you're not a mere mortal?
... not to mention that Jason also wasn't sober while editing this ;) He can do SDEs without even looking at the footage because it's ALL good footage and without headphones as he can find the beat just by looking at the waveform... no mere mortal, indeed.
Peter Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #8
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Manila
Posts: 317
Thanks Peter! I'll try to upload the birthday pictures. =)


And hey, I was sober by 1pm =)
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #9
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Manila
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper View Post
Thanks for making me snort coffee through my nose this morning.

Jason - What else can anyone say about your stuff that hasn't already been said? It's brilliant, well shot, seemingly well thought out, and masterfully edited especially considering you edited that within a few hours.
Did you have the drink recipe screens pre-made before the edit, like maybe the night before or did you do all that day of, just to increase the degree of difficulty and remind the rest of us that you're not a mere mortal?
You are much too kind Ethan. =)

I had some recipes in mind already and typed some text the morning of the wedding. Though originally, the cocktails chosen were kinda random. I realized it would be more coherent to have "beachy" drinks.

Recipes courtesy of this site - Popular Drinks List
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 08:53 AM   #10
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Madison
Posts: 330
From start to finish, that was absolutely amazing!
I'm new to your work, but now your biggest fan! Curious... what gear do you use?
Blake Cavett is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network