DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   It's not Still Motion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/138928-its-not-still-motion.html)

Tom Sessions December 3rd, 2008 10:59 PM

It's not Still Motion

It's Blue Star!!!
Thought I would share one with you guys and gals that isn't a Still Motion copy :) The effort, though, was inspired by a lot of you out there that strives to make a difference in this under appreciated industry.
My latest reception highlight edit. This presentation style works rather well in my market. I still wana be like Pat....Maybe some day.

Side note: I did use the ring shot in this clip...it just so happens to be the cake topper. hee, hee
www.bluestarvideo.com/files/video/cintrarec.wmv

William Smyth December 4th, 2008 10:52 AM

Tom,

For some reason the link isn't working for me. Anyone else having this problem?

Ken Gilford December 4th, 2008 11:22 AM

Pretty Good...

Just a couple of things that are more personal taste than anything else...

Try to keep the drinking shots out.

Include some of those speech voices in the highlights if there are short snippetts of special words.

Don't use the move effect throughout the whole film. It makes the whole thing blurry and gets tired on the eyes after a while.

Good job and thanks for sharing.

Chad Whelan December 4th, 2008 01:49 PM

I liked it. I think the movie effect works exactly where you have it with the music and style of the video. This has an edgy wedding guest perspective to it. I also like the "someday"/candle repetitive shot.

Tom Sessions December 4th, 2008 02:23 PM

Chad,
You are one perceptive guy! You nailed it.
Didn't take long for someone to "Get It". There is a lot more going on in this clip, but this is a good start.

Bill Grant December 4th, 2008 11:21 PM

Tom,
I would say try to watch your pacing. It seemed to really drag for me. Alot of the shots were way to long and repetetive in alot of cases. Also, I think an overuse of the glidecam type shot. What is the purpose of thie piece, is this a montage for the reception or a reception highlight of some sort? What cams etc? Thanks for posting Tom... good on ya.
Bill

Tom Sessions December 5th, 2008 06:31 PM

Hi Bill,
Yes and no about the pacing...The song sorta dictates that a bit, plus there was a lot of clips the bride forbade me to use....the trashing of the cake...that was incredible footage of her destroying the cake during the cake cutting....basically, swatted it accross the table and then all of the guests started chowing down on it with forks from their tables. The garter and bouquet tosses were just down right nasty....all of these clips in my opinion would have been great for this song, but to no avail. So, I had to drag the footage I did have a little longer than I would have liked. Timming of the words "I will fly with you" with the kissing and first dance segments was unavoidable but still works for me anyway.

Cameras were just the Vx 2100's. Steadicam shots were well mixed, I thought. May be just a personal taste thing....Bottom line.....the bride went nuts over this clip and I guess that is all that matters....she and her family and freinds have watched it over 150 times in the last few days. Hope I get some referrals.

another side note: This was a Brazilian wedding. Those folks down there are CRAZY!!! I filmed two chicks on the dance floor practically having sex with each other. I just happend to be standing next to the bride when that was going on and asked her if she wanted that on her video and she said YES!!!...just don't let anyone see it on the other DVD copies.