Who doesn't use wireless microphones? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 12th, 2008, 11:14 AM   #16
Major Player

Michael

Thanks a lot for everything... I think i'm going to go with the one you have suggested then. Now i'm just wondering how many times that I didn't buy something at B&H because I didn't click on the "add to cart/send email of lower price" option. I had no clue of this....
Two questions... Does it work well with a mac, and does it have the option to attach to a mic stand?
Thanks again for everything.
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:41 AM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
Michael

Thanks a lot for everything... I think i'm going to go with the one you have suggested then. Now i'm just wondering how many times that I didn't buy something at B&H because I didn't click on the "add to cart/send email of lower price" option. I had no clue of this....
Two questions... Does it work well with a mac, and does it have the option to attach to a mic stand?
Thanks again for everything.
Yes and yes.
All of the recorders out there work just fine with MAC or PC.
As a matter of fact, I generally don't hook up any of my recorders to my computers, I could but don't. Instead I prefer to have a card reader attached to my computers all of the time and then simply place the SD cards in the reader and then upload the files on my computer.

Easy and painless as can be.

And the Marantz PMD620 does have a cradle that attaches to the PMD620. This has a 1/4 thread in it. I use this adapter for all of my recorders and mic stand use.

Edirol / Roland | OP-R09M - Microphone Stand Adapter | OP-R09M

Also there are times where I might want to use a wireless handheld mic and/or recorder at the same time. So I use this clamp to attach to my mic stand and then place my mic (either wireless handheld or mic plugged into my recorder) on my mic stand and my recorder with the adapter attached to the clamp.

WindTech | Add-On Microphone Clamp | MSA-1 | B&H Photo Video

BTW, if you want to see how the setup looks, then take a look at my Toosl of the Trade Blog. The picture that you see is an old setup that I used for my H4, but you'll get the idea of the overall setup.

LVProductionsTools of the Trade: Mobile Audio Rig

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques