electronic makeup at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 7th, 2008, 08:23 AM   #1
Major Player

electronic makeup

does anyone know if is worth the moneyor if its useful
if not does anyone have any useful tips to soften up the look of people or a particular shot

lukle
Luke Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #2
Trustee

You might want to start experimenting with some light blur effects in post. There are a zillion ways to do this. Some more effective than others and many are situation dependent.

This need is fairly common for a lot of shooters. I'd guess a search might turn up more than a few threads on the topic. You might also want to check other resources for tutorials.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:39 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Oliver View Post
does anyone know if is worth the moneyor if its useful
if not does anyone have any useful tips to soften up the look of people or a particular shot

lukle
What is your NLE of choice? NLE often dictates available tools. Also, what kind of softening are you thinking of? Just a soft white washing, or also pumping up colors, etc?

I did my first wedding where I made a concerted effort to have a "look." An example is on this page.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #4
Major Player

re

well its just i have watched so many wedding demos and they seem to have nice soft filmy look, i dont want soft fairy cheesy look so many have but just to soften up faces on close up, i was gonna invest in magic bullet as im a complete beginer im using final cut 2
Luke Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:20 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Oliver View Post
well its just i have watched so many wedding demos and they seem to have nice soft filmy look, i dont want soft fairy cheesy look so many have but just to soften up faces on close up, i was gonna invest in magic bullet as im a complete beginer im using final cut 2
For MAgic Bullet, be sure that you have a real beefy edit system, because from what I heard, it can really bring a render system to a crawl when doing its magic. Unfortunately, I have no experience with it or any other "looks" plugin or package. All my (very minimal) CC and effects is down inside Vegas.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #6
Major Player

I have used diffusion filter at around 40% opacity with masking only the face area, several plugin companies make them and can be very useful to smooth out the skin a bit.
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques