DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Recent Event trailer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/139132-recent-event-trailer.html)

Monday Isa December 7th, 2008 12:13 PM

Recent Event trailer

Had fun filming this job. Lots of obstacles to overcome but what an experience to learn from and enjoy. The young girl enjoyed her day. If you have time, I would love to hear what you think. I use to post videos frequently but very few would comment. I'm giving it one more try.

Click Here

Thanks

Monday

Peter Szilveszter December 7th, 2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monday Isa (Post 974254)
I use to post videos frequently but very few would comment. I'm giving it one more try.

Hehe no kidding I am in the same boat.

For the video It flowed well and some great shots in there. I liked the idea for the beginning and the end with the sunset, would have been cool if the start was a time-lapse as well and the end time-lapse went all the way to dark.

Dave Blackhurst December 7th, 2008 05:46 PM

Monday -
Looked good to me! I know there's a market out where I am for the Quincenera video concept, so particularly interested to see how you are doing it, I know I've seen you mention it several times, and I *think* I've looked at a couple of your videos - sort of one of those things that when it looks good, not much to comment on <wink>!

I guess it's a good thing to post something and it's solid enough there's not much too "critique" - I usually poke enough holes in my own work without assistance, but one of these days I'll get some stuff up!

Tim Harjo December 7th, 2008 06:25 PM

Monday, your work always looks fabulous. This is no exception. What kind of steadycam do you have?

Raphael Jamil Pranga December 8th, 2008 04:20 AM

hey monday! i loved the shot where she shows her face outside the H2's window!

i would agree with peter about the time-lapse

nice flow, great work!

Randy Panado December 8th, 2008 05:01 AM

Very nice video! Nothing to add that hasn't already been said. I'm sure the lucky girl is going to love this. :)

I assume you're using the A1 for this? What preset?

Thanks for sharing!

Art Varga December 8th, 2008 08:04 AM

Hey Isa nice work - not many nits to pick with this. I thought the exposure was a bit low on a couple shots. Lots of vibrant colors to work with. I'll bet the girl felt like a bride - in pink!

Art

Noel Lising December 8th, 2008 09:06 AM

Hey Monday,

Love the glidecam shots, it was tastefully done (not too many). I know there's a market here in Toronto for quinceneras, very similar to debuts (18th Birthday). If I land one, I'll ask you for advice.

Monday Isa December 8th, 2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Szilveszter (Post 974387)
Hehe no kidding I am in the same boat.

For the video It flowed well and some great shots in there. I liked the idea for the beginning and the end with the sunset, would have been cool if the start was a time-lapse as well and the end time-lapse went all the way to dark.

Hey Peter,
Thanks for watching and commenting. Great suggestion on the timelapse for the beginning. I didn't like the idea at all but now hearing your suggestion I can see how it would actually work. I'm going to go change it. Thanks! Also thanks for the new sig quote ^_^

Monday

Monday Isa December 8th, 2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst (Post 974398)
Monday -
Looked good to me! I know there's a market out where I am for the Quincenera video concept, so particularly interested to see how you are doing it, I know I've seen you mention it several times, and I *think* I've looked at a couple of your videos - sort of one of those things that when it looks good, not much to comment on <wink>!

I guess it's a good thing to post something and it's solid enough there's not much too "critique" - I usually poke enough holes in my own work without assistance, but one of these days I'll get some stuff up!

Thanks Dave. I agree when something is solid not much comments are made. But I had one thread that had no life what so ever. That made me very sad (typing in a joking way). It's just encouraging to know when someone posts even a thanks for sharing comment. Then it feels like you added to the community. Hopefully you get what I'm saying. Thanks again

Monday

Monday Isa December 8th, 2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Harjo (Post 974408)
Monday, your work always looks fabulous. This is no exception. What kind of steadycam do you have?

Thanks Tim. I have a glidecam 2000 with a lot of weights on it :/ it gets tiring after 2hrs of just holding it.

Monday Isa December 8th, 2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raphael Jamil Pranga (Post 974535)
hey monday! i loved the shot where she shows her face outside the H2's window!

i would agree with peter about the time-lapse

nice flow, great work!

Hey Raphael! Thanks for commenting. I agree with the time-lapse as well. I think it well add to the piece. Thanks again

Monday

Monday Isa December 8th, 2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Panado (Post 974539)
Very nice video! Nothing to add that hasn't already been said. I'm sure the lucky girl is going to love this. :)

I assume you're using the A1 for this? What preset?

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Randy! I'm using the A1 and a tweaked Reality preset. I call it Quince ^_^ I don't remember what I did differently to it but the blacks aren't crushed as much as the preset that was posted on the Canon A1 part of the forum. I don't remember who posted it but I'm thankful they posted it to share.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Varga (Post 974575)
Hey Isa nice work - not many nits to pick with this. I thought the exposure was a bit low on a couple shots. Lots of vibrant colors to work with. I'll bet the girl felt like a bride - in pink!

Art

Thanks Art! The exposure could've been low as the dreaded Canon A1 LCD gets washed out in the sun which wasn't in our favor at all that day. I'll have to correct that in the main edit. These Quinceanera's get mistaken for brides numerous times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noel Lising (Post 974603)
Hey Monday,

Love the glidecam shots, it was tastefully done (not too many). I know there's a market here in Toronto for quinceneras, very similar to debuts (18th Birthday). If I land one, I'll ask you for advice.

Hey Noel,
We did talk about the debuts in your area. If you ever land a quince feel free to drop an email. As long as you can be cool with the teenagers they will love being around you. Have you booked up debuts for next year? Did it slow down at all?

Noel Lising December 8th, 2008 10:23 AM

Hi Monday,

I only shot one debut for this year and It was not even my own, Photographer hired me. I find this year to be slow. I like shooting debuts coz you normally get 3 of the 8 Cotillion members as client after the shoot. Aside from that, the shoot starts at 4 pm and I find it stress free.

Hopefully next season will be better

Ken Gilford December 8th, 2008 11:22 AM

Good Job Monday

Good job with the glides. The only complaint I have is some of the short shots are too short (ie the crown and the shoe). they pop and they are gone. You need a few more frames for them. Good job editing the voiceovers to the video. I like how you don't use the whole scene but you do include the speaker at some point so we know who it is. I'll borrow this idea.

I've done one of these before and it was a lot more fun than a wedding. More relaxing. I'd love to do more of them.

Thanks for sharing!