References at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 15th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

References

Has a bride or family ever asked you for references of other couple's weddings you have taped even if you have examples on your website?
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #2
Inner Circle

not in a long time but when it does happen I always call the B&G first BEFORE I give out their number.In some cases they prefer to get the number of the person asking for the reference so they can call them instead of the other way around.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #3
Major Player

It happened to me once Shaun when I was filming weddings 2 years ago. They just felt more confident having the references for some reason despite having numerous jobs completed, and a website though the website had nothing to do with weddings :/ It's typically not a normal thing but some people can sleep at night knowing your credibility through previous clients.

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 09:40 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Had it happen once ... the bride that I took the time to meet with in person for over 1 hour, show her samples, answer her questions and she sent me an email when she got home asking for references. I thought she was going to be terrible to work with if she booked, because she called and "interviewed" each reference I gave her. Ended up being one of the easiest people I have worked with. You could tell she knew she was in good hands.

Definitely talk to the brides/clients first before sending potential clients their way! Some people (including me) wouldn't be too happy about contact info being thrown out there without permission.
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 09:55 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I called my past clients and they were ok with them calling. So I gave the numbers to the references I just thought it was very odd. Nice to know my feelings about the situation wasn't off by much. I'll let you guys know how it goes. The wedding is Saturday.
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques