DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Marketing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/140192-marketing.html)

Alex Sprinkle December 23rd, 2008 09:22 AM

Marketing

How do YOU do it? What sites are you on? Which ones aren't worth it? How many bridal shows do you go to (or have a booth set up)? And so on... I'm just getting started, but I need to know how the experienced ones do it.

Noel Lising December 23rd, 2008 09:52 AM

Hi Alex,

I advertise on the Bridal Network (pay for click), Google Ads and 2 local Filipino newspapers. I have a developed a partnership with a Flower Shop, they let me put my business cards in their shop ( they suggested leaving an Album as well so they can show it to clients). I also work with a photog who asks me to shoot videos for him.

I find the newspaper & the Flowershop generates more business for me than the Bridal Network. I also scan Craiglist for potential Brides.

Luke Oliver December 23rd, 2008 10:21 AM

re

it might be slightly different for me living on an island but i started marketing last week. Im going round all the cake shops, hair dressers , beauty places, dress shops and so on and so on, ask them if i can display my business cards and also an A6 perspex display with a larger version of my business card in it to catch the eye. So far none have said no, i have 50 shops that i want to go to.

Alex Sprinkle December 23rd, 2008 11:08 AM

How do you approach flower shops, cake shops, and the like? I'd imagine it's a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" type of deal. What do you offer them?

Aaron Mayberry December 23rd, 2008 12:31 PM

1 & 2) I partnered up with my fiancee, who is a great sales person and we do bridal shows together. She has a glowing personality, and is super friendly, and can easily talk to anyone. That's not me, I struggle selling myself at bridal shows. She does 75% of the talking, and I handle all the technical questions. We've done 2 shows so far, each show costs 300-400 dollars, and we've booked 7 weddings from them, and still 6 more who are dragging their feet on signing.

I guess what I'm saying is, if your like me, find a friend/family member who doesn't mind being your spokesperson on the weekend. Especially if your not a people-person like me. And then do bridal shows.

3) Make a nice, readable website that gives out ton of information...and makes it easy for a bride to contact you for more information or booking a wedding.

4) Get yourself on Google, yahoo, and google local business.

5) Hand out your card to every photographer, dj, cake designer, wedding planner, etc. you see and work with.

Luke Oliver December 23rd, 2008 03:02 PM

re

basically i say ' hello, im launching a new business doing wedding cinematography and i was wondering if there was any chance that i could display my cards and small display unit ( but i show them and dont say that) , i say i have heard that many brides peruse your shop and basically big them up, flirt with them and so on, if there woman. A gay gentleman in a hair salon actually took down some heated curlers that were on display and put my cards up and perspex thing i have.

If they say no thats cool, and i mention that or if i see they have no room on their counter to display, but most will ahppily take your cards

the 7 hair salons i went to all said ok and i passed the other day and all had my displays on the counter

free advertising u cannont beat

Luke Oliver December 23rd, 2008 03:05 PM

re

i dont offer them anything