DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Client viewing of traliers, etc (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/140664-client-viewing-traliers-etc.html)

Joseph Gaffney January 1st, 2009 04:49 PM

Client viewing of traliers, etc

Hi,

I currently use exposure room for uploading of video, which I also use to host trailers of weddings which I have done. This is then sent to the bride and groom for viewing....

My plan is to keep the client viewing on my site, instead of reidrecting to another site, is vimeo,exposure room etc the method many of you guys use for clients? Or do you use a differet method for displaying the footage?

I love exposure room, but would like to have something contained/or linked into my website, if that makes sense.

thanks

David Kovalev January 1st, 2009 05:11 PM

I use vimeo but I embed the video and paste it into my site (blog) So all the brides go to my site to see their video but the original file is still on vimeo. (and the cool thing about vimeo is i can see how many times that video has been played even though its through my site)

Here is a like to clerify: www.touchdream.com/blog (all videos are in vimeo)

Joel Peregrine January 1st, 2009 05:54 PM

Hi Joseph,

I upload a webpage for each client with a flash player and customized graphic. Its just a personal preference to do this opposed to a blog, which I feel is impersonal the way it clumps your clients together with others and buries them with newer posts. I also don't see any reason why the couple or a potential client would want to know my opinion of their wedding. For that reason I don't include any writing as you normally would in a blog. In the limited reading of done of video blogs I can't help but start comparing the the events to each other, which can't be something you'd want your couples to do. I'm sure there are people that believe very strongly in the power of the blog and have stats and anecdotes to back their opinion, but most of videographer blogs come across as exactly what they are - very thinly veiled marketing ploys rather than something of value to the couple. Stepping off soapbox.

I embed statcounter.com code that allows not only tracking of hits and viewings but also where the hits are coming from, their path through the site and how long they stay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Gaffney (Post 987279)
Hi,

I currently use exposure room for uploading of video, which I also use to host trailers of weddings which I have done. This is then sent to the bride and groom for viewing....

My plan is to keep the client viewing on my site, instead of reidrecting to another site, is vimeo,exposure room etc the method many of you guys use for clients? Or do you use a differet method for displaying the footage?

I love exposure room, but would like to have something contained/or linked into my website, if that makes sense.

thanks

Joseph Gaffney January 1st, 2009 06:13 PM

thanks guys, a blog and ability to showcase your work with vimeo etc so easily is a really powerful tool.

I like the idea of having individual pages for the couples to view there particular film, like alot of photographers do by issuing a unique login for the b+g which they then decide who they give it to.

Exposure room/vimeo etc does allow controlled acccess, but I am not sure if this could get quite tricky to manage.