Royalty free music - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 6th, 2009, 07:10 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Have you ever found any epic movie-score-esque music on Triple Scoop? I looked last year, a few months ago .. and again today. There doesn't seem to be anything like that unless I'm missing it. I do like the simplicity, and that makes the pricing worth it.
Old January 6th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #17
Major Player

Hi Travis,

I used some "movie-score-esque music" from Triple Scoop Music on two of the recent edits we did for the Brides of Oklahoma Magazine. Watch the second and fourth clips to see if that is what you are looking for. Here's the link.
HD Videos OnlineThe Brides of Oklahoma
Old January 6th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
Have you ever found any epic movie-score-esque music on Triple Scoop? I looked last year, a few months ago .. and again today. There doesn't seem to be anything like that unless I'm missing it. I do like the simplicity, and that makes the pricing worth it.
Yes

At Triple Scoop Music : Award-winning music for professional photographers and videographers! Check out these artists: Arturo Rodriguez, Nard Berings, Ben Sands, & Allen Hinds

Here are a few pieces we have used as well.

Simple Lessons (instrumental) (3:52)ARTIST: Roy Ashen

Never (instrumental) (3:18) ARTIST: Roy Ashen

Concerto for Tenor Sax Movement 2 (instrumental) (6:20) ARTIST: St. Matthew's Chamber Orchestra

Romantic Interlude (instrumental) (4:01) ARTIST: Richard Temple

Panoramic (instrumental) (3:37) ARTIST: Kirsten Vogelsang

Trisha Von Lanken
The music guru at VonWeddingFilms.com
Old January 6th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Thanks Mark and Trisha. I'll have to check those suggestions out. You guys also might want to look at Michael Maina. I have him in my favorites on Triple Scoop. Too bad he only has 3 songs. His stuff is perfect for me.
Old January 6th, 2009, 09:32 PM   #20
Inner Circle

I checked these out. A few were promising for me, but mostly it just didn't fit my style. I like sweeping full scores that have a common theme between the tracks. That seems nearly impossible to find. I'll find a good track from an artist, but they won't have any others to go with it. It's so frustrating.

Also, some of these had tracks that started out nice, and then turned dark and moody. It's really too bad you can't listen to the entire track before you buy it. It's hard to drop $60 on a track that "might" work. I've wasted too much money this way in the past, lol.

Anyways, I'll keep looking. Thanks for the suggestions! I do like some of Arturo's stuff.
Old January 19th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Anyone have any experience with Royalty Free Music, Music on Hold, Stock Music, Production Music, Free Background Music, Buyout Music ? I have called them and left voice mail (no humans have ever answered the phone), sent them emails and have never recieved any replies.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 08:38 PM   #22
Major Player

I can't say for sure that any of these have music specifically scored for weddings, and there are no lyrics (which is maybe what the OP was wanting, but DigitalJuice has Stacktracks (layerred musical scores spanning many genres), SonicFire has layered and non layered music, and there are other companies selling collections on E-Bay regularly as their business model. ALL are royalty free. Most have 15, 30 and 60 second cuts of the main theme wiich usually runs plus or minus 3 minutes.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #23
Regular Crew

With lyrics

I would prefer to have lyrics in the music. I think it helps with the mood for most of the videos I would be using it for.

Good point. I didn't really specify I don't think.
Josh Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #24
Major Player

Actually, looking back you DID say that you wanted lyrics.... sorry.

I would add that in my searches of royalty free music, two things have stood out.... LOTS of cheap synth music is out there, and VERY VERY little music with lyrics.

Good luck.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 10:12 PM   #25
Major Player

Chris,
I was going to suggest Digital Juice or sonic fire because you don't have to get into all of these little fine print liscensing issues. I made the Digital Juice track. Me. I can use it however I want. There's nothing better than that. They are generic enough not to stand out, and that's all we really want anyway...
Bill
Old February 2nd, 2009, 07:38 AM   #26
Trustee

anyone has problems previewing at triplescoop? I can't seem to load the preview properly using different computers.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:42 AM   #27
Regular Crew

I like GMPmusic.com

They have flat buy out prices for a whole CD or one track at a time.

They have a good selection.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques