Camera advice - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 26th, 2009, 07:49 AM   #76
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrone Ford View Post
Sweet! I still like the shiny disks though!
Me... I'm all over the blinkin' lights!

No, I don't retension my tapes, but I should. I also should have kept the original reel to reel audio tapes I transferred to CD years ago for archiving. Long-term stacking on a spindle (I'm guessing) caused the substrate to separate on most of them and hundreds of hours of material was forever lost to the ages.

Ain't no magic bullets here. At least we don't have to deal with the disintegration of ancient film stock.

I really wish rotating magnetic (hard disk) storage would work for archiving. Price is right and the format/interface is liable to be around for a long while.

I have now fully and completely hijacked this thread. Sorry.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 07:52 AM   #77
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce View Post
Good numbers! Can you also back up simultaneously with firestore?
Hi Brian,

The HMC150 does not have a firewire output. It does have HDMI and Composite. The nNovia drive can accept composite, so it could be used as a backup for legal depositions, but I wouldn't recommend composite in a scenario where quality matters. I don't know if the Firestore unit can accept composite.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques