Deadlines for contracts at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 16th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Deadlines for contracts

Hello Guys and Gals,

I'm new to the forum but I'm in the wedding business for 4 years and I've always had concerns how to set deadlines for finished products.

Of course - clients would like to have it done instantly - it is not possible (at least not for small budget production). They always ask at the end of the reception when they can expect the DVD's. So what do you tell them? Or do you have something mentioned in the contract? I.e 1 month after the wedding?

How to handle impatient brides ? :-)

Thx in advance.
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Lukas,
welcome to the forum. not to sound harsh but this subject has been beaten to death here so if you do a search in the wedding/event forum I think you'll find your answer many times over. I know I have answered this question at least 5 or 6 times myself.

Thanks and once again, Welcome!

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #3
Major Player

Common rookie mistake. Sorry :-)
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 10:38 AM   #4
Inner Circle

no problem. it will actually save you time. search and not have to wait for responses.

If for some reason you can't find just what you're looking for repost the question, mentio you have searched but couldn't find it and the community here will be happy to help.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 01:21 AM   #5
Major Player

I tried searching under "contract deadlines", "wedding contract deadlines", and "wedding contracts" can you point me in the right direction. i used the Google bar at the bottom of the page. I am curious about this topic and would like to hear the weigh in. Thanks!
Old January 18th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #6
Inner Circle

I just searched for "wedding deadlines", "wedding Deliveries" "wedding DVD delivery" and came up with a bunch of different threads. Some were not really what I wanted but many were. Also go to the wedding/event forum and just kind of scroll thru the pages there. There are lots and lots of pages that might contain what you're looking for.
Hey listen we don't say don't post the thread again all we're saying is that many of these subjects have been talked about ad nauseum and try searching first. Then if you can't find anything post it and we'll do what we can to help.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques