DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   the homeless (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/141807-homeless.html)

Don Pham January 18th, 2009 09:28 AM

the homeless

i just want to share a clip i made about the homeless. i have been thinking about them a lot in the last few days with the sub zero temps we have been hit with.

there is nothing special as far as production value on the clip.

http://take1productions.blogspot.com.../homeless.html

Ryan Morey January 18th, 2009 09:40 AM

WOW.... that was really powerful! thanks for that Don.

Ryan

Stephen J. Williams January 18th, 2009 12:35 PM

Don,

Great video man... 100% inspirational. Thank you for sharing. I'm sure it will inspire a lot of people.
Steve

Dennis Murphy January 18th, 2009 01:08 PM

The link didn't work for me?

Don Pham January 18th, 2009 01:46 PM

link is working again.

Serge Petchenyi January 20th, 2009 09:32 PM

Well done

Well done. Was it a 2 camera shoot or just 1?

Oleg Kalyan January 21st, 2009 11:25 AM

I was amazed of how thoughtful the homeless guys were, well gone, good social cause.
Respect!

Tripp Woelfel January 21st, 2009 06:22 PM

Lovely, raw and powerful. Lots more people need to see it.

There but for the grace of god...

Don Pham January 21st, 2009 09:55 PM

thanks everyone for checking out the homeless clip.

feel free to post the clip on your blog as i feel it is an important message to share.

Serge Petchenyi - this was shot with 2 cam

Mick Haensler January 22nd, 2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Pham (Post 996851)

Take 1 Productions - Michigan Wedding Videographer: The Homeless

I think you're selling yourself short here Don. To me production value is about communicating a message and evoking an emotion. You have done that here in spades. You have inspired me. I work a lot with homeless guys and was supposed to do a video 2 months ago for a homeless ministry but they ran out of money for the project. I'm going to call them today and tell them there will be no charge for the video. Thank you for putting this on my heart once again. I think we're all worried about our businesses and it's easy to forget that what we receive by giving to others is immeasurable.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Will Mahoney January 22nd, 2009 12:30 PM

Man, I've been wanting to do something local and community-oriented and this is a great idea.

What a great video. Good job on this one!

Don Pham January 23rd, 2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Haensler (Post 998968)
I think you're selling yourself short here Don. To me production value is about communicating a message and evoking an emotion. You have done that here in spades. You have inspired me. I work a lot with homeless guys and was supposed to do a video 2 months ago for a homeless ministry but they ran out of money for the project. I'm going to call them today and tell them there will be no charge for the video. Thank you for putting this on my heart once again. I think we're all worried about our businesses and it's easy to forget that what we receive by giving to others is immeasurable.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

wow! thanks!

Dawn Brennan January 23rd, 2009 08:05 PM

I think in today's economy situation, with job losses all around us, that this video literally just takes my breath away. I personally worry about how many weddings I can book this year to only add to our comfort of living, while these people are out there worrying if they are going to make it through another night or have food to eat the next day. Inspirational to say at the least! Thanks for sharing and I did post it in my blog also!

David Mathew Bonner January 24th, 2009 01:46 PM

Nice Work Don.
I was homeless in my 20's...couldnt imagine being that far down again

Michelle Genrich January 27th, 2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Pham (Post 996851)
i just want to share a clip i made about the homeless. i have been thinking about them a lot in the last few days with the sub zero temps we have been hit with.

Take 1 Productions - Michigan Wedding Videographer: The Homeless

Your video is special in that it has inspired and its value is the fact that you've raised awareness.

Great video.....do you mind if I ask what you used for a mic? Great audio sound.

And video too.

Thank you.