Facebook Advertsing - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM   #16
Inner Circle

I just thought I'd mention that I use Firefox and Facebook works great in it. Maybe there's an issue with Firefox on your system?
Old January 21st, 2009, 04:20 PM   #17
Major Player

I also came across the problem with firefox. I needed to use IE tab to open that.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:47 AM   #18
Major Player

I just created my first ad. Let's see how it works :-)

BTW: Firefox is working properly (ver. 3).
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:11 PM   #19
Major Player

I also just created a Facebook ad. Trouble is when I break it down to the local towns
(I can't select county which is a huge shame) I am left with only 1800 engaged ladies (certainly wouldn't target the guys)

So I am not holding out much hope. Might be great if in London, Birmingham or Manchester, but in little old Dorset I am not going to get rich on Facebook.
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:37 PM   #20
Major Player

'only' 1800 engaged ladies in local towns....Steve, i would consider that really good!
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:40 AM   #21
Major Player

I think you are in a far better position on the edge of London. All those satellite towns. Down here we have Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Weymouth, Dorchester and ........??

I have now made another ad which is awaiting approval which is a bit further afield from my base, and includes Southampton, Bath, Salisbury. Now have 3800 engaged ladies.

First add has been up for 10 hours and not a single click. Not going to go through my $15 a day I don't think. More like 0.20 a day!
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 07:13 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shovlar View Post
I also just created a Facebook ad. Trouble is when I break it down to the local towns
(I can't select county which is a huge shame) I am left with only 1800 engaged ladies (certainly wouldn't target the guys)

So I am not holding out much hope. Might be great if in London, Birmingham or Manchester, but in little old Dorset I am not going to get rich on Facebook.

I would say that a healthy THIRD of my initial contacts are made by grooms! I definitely target engaged men in my ad! Plus I've had a few men contact me for quotes on other projects.

In other words...I wouldn't omit them, they'll only click if they are interested!
Kelsey Emuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:57 PM   #23
Major Player

I target both men and women. My area is large though - NJ,NY and CT. That's 150k engaged ppl. So far in 2 days I had 15k displayes and 9 clicks. But for now I'm limiting the daily expenses to $2 which gives me aprox 6 clicks. I want to test it before full go with refreshed website.
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 12:13 PM   #24
Major Player

Hi there,

Any updates from those who tried? So far I have 6 clicks on 3,000 impressions, no inquiries has been made though, I figured it is 1 inquiry for every 20 clicks.
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #25
Trustee

Noel,

you're blowing me away. I've had 2 clicks in 7,900 impressions!

I think I set my target market a little tight. I wanted to try it for a week. You can't really edit your ad, you have to 'create a similar ad'

I think the concept is a good idea. Can you imagine taking out a newspaper ad and only paying for the people who read your ad?
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:25 PM   #26
Major Player

I have had 94,797 views and 54 clicks for four days. No inquiries yet. I'm going to leave it for a month though and see how it goes. If anything it is great for branding and getting your name out there.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:12 AM   #27
Regular Crew

I've had more than 93,000 impressions and 36 clicks in four days, with a $5 daily limit. Are you all targeting just brides, or both men and women? I'm targeting both right now, but wondering if I should just do engaged women, to cut down on my impressions.
John J. Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #28
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey Emuss View Post
I would say that a healthy THIRD of my initial contacts are made by grooms! I definitely target engaged men in my ad! Plus I've had a few men contact me for quotes on other projects.

In other words...I wouldn't omit them, they'll only click if they are interested!
Oops, read right past a couple of these posts -- are these initial contacts coming from Facebook referrals, or are you talking in general? Even though I'm getting click-throughs, they're not spending a lot of time on my site, and my bounce rate is pretty high. And I haven't yet received any contacts.
John J. Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #29
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John J. Arnold View Post
Oops, read right past a couple of these posts -- are these initial contacts coming from Facebook referrals, or are you talking in general? Even though I'm getting click-throughs, they're not spending a lot of time on my site, and my bounce rate is pretty high. And I haven't yet received any contacts.
From Facebook I get a third of my contacts from Grooms.

Interestingly my ad used to have an image of a video camera on it and I would say I had LOTS of grooms inquire. Recently my ad has an image on a B&G in an embrace...not as many men seem to notice it. Funny eh?
Kelsey Emuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #30
Major Player

This is certainly interesting. From those of you who mentioned you get a lot of business from facebook I would like to know if you are referring to mainly wedding business? Would you consider these budget brides or are they spending a good amount of money with you?
Chad Whelan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques