Music/songs license for Wedding Production at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 21st, 2009, 01:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Music/songs license for Wedding Production

Hi there, I am doing wedding and events video. When come to music and songs for wedding, it is a real headache as it involves copyrights and licensing. Would like to know where is a good place to get music, loops, songs for wedding at a reasonable rate. Also, is there such thing like '1 time payment and unlimited usage' kind of arrangement.

Also, is there really 'loyalty free music/songs' which some site proclaimed, that i can for wedding? The intended audience for my wedding video is of course the couples themself and maybe their relatives and friends.
John Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Woo View Post
Hi there, I am doing wedding and events video. When come to music and songs for wedding, it is a real headache as it involves copyrights and licensing. Would like to know where is a good place to get music, loops, songs for wedding at a reasonable rate. Also, is there such thing like '1 time payment and unlimited usage' kind of arrangement.

Also, is there really 'loyalty free music/songs' which some site proclaimed, that i can for wedding? The intended audience for my wedding video is of course the couples themself and maybe their relatives and friends.
I see you're in Singapore and laws vary widely depending on jurisdiction. For example, Australia has a 'limited use' license scheme that has no equivalent in the US or Canada. Your best bet for finding out about the legal issues and licensing options that would apply to you is consultation with a local intellectual property attorney, well worth the small investment. For sources of buyout music, SmartSound's library and SonicFire Pro software is one place to start. Magnatunes is another online source. A Google on music libraries, buyout, needle drop, etc will turn up a ton of sources (some better than others). The term is "Royalty Free" not "Loyalty ..." that may be why you've had a problem finding info online cause there's a wealth of it out there.
Old January 21st, 2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Trustee

If you're going to do weddings as a regular gig, invest in a library. I have had Sonic Fire Pro for several years. Prices are reasonable and the software to build and mix tracks is dead simple to use.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques